Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I set up a new forum?

Options
  • 30-10-2001 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

1. Do your homework, check that what you're proposing isn't aready covered by a forum.

2. If it is covered by a forum, check that it's busy enough to break out into its own forum - and that it'll survive that, because all the interesting posters might stay in the old forum.

3. Petition the admins, and get people to back you up in an orderly fashion. As in, post to the admin forum saying: I think we should have a widget-carving forum, and get anybody else who thinks that's a good idea to also post there. This is the ONLY case in which 'me too' posts are acceptable.

4. If, and only if, the admins think it's a good idea, they'll set it up. Don't take not getting it set up as a personal slight. They'll normally give a reason as to why it's not a goer.

5. If you do get your own forum, treat it right: remember, they're not just for Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have three silly replies to the above:

1. *except if you're Bubbles

2. ME TOOOO!!!!!!11

3. I DEMAND a forum about Christmas!

Thank you and goodnight.

Advertisement