Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Little Girls (Tori Amos)

Options
  • 30-10-2001 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've really fallen in love with the new album from Tori Amose, "Strange Little Girls".

It's got reworkings of old classic tracks like Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" and Lloyd Cole's "Rattlesnakes" that are really given a whole new atposphere and lease of life by Tori.

You might have heard the track "97 Bonnie & Clyde" that I played this morning, a new and edgy twist on the murder balled theme.

I know there are a fair few Tori fans here. Any opinions on the album?

Regards
    Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Paul Hare

I woke up to that Tori Amos song this morning and to be honest it freaked me out a bit, as I was still a little bit in the dreaming world I heard every single word she spoke and could picture the whole scene. So it was a bit like watching the video and it was a scary one at that, but I'm okay now.

I don't think I ever want to hear that song again :)

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Enjoy the silence and I don't like mondays - trés bien mes amies.

It was a smashing idea, hope she brings a show or two over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Originally posted by Steve Conway

You might have heard the track "97 Bonnie & Clyde" that I played this morning, a new and edgy twist on the murder balled theme.

Is that the Eminem song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Some of those songs didn't need a "new lease of life" The cover of Heart of Gold is sacrilege!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i totally agree, it's a beautiful album, very tori-esque, and the enjoy the silence is gorgeous, but different enough for it to be original sounding, but faithful to the original. normally i'm never in favour of cover versions, but this one rocks! and she's still got that fantastic alto voice! (ever wish you were a lesbian??)
    heh hehe!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarah-presence

:cool:

Extremaly cool album, prefeared it to the last ( and that is hard considering I'm a BIG fan,

Cool idea behind it to! (Te he....i heard it a month before it was relised!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

Her cover of Strange Little Girl was a bit hard to take at first but it's kinda grown on me now and Enjoy the Silence is actually quite good. It's the first Tori album I haven't ran out to buy though....I'm still in two minds about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i heard a song of hears on a tape sopmeone made for me, but never gave me a list of the songs on it
    it starts of something like "so i ran faster" and in the second verse has lines like "you said you wanted an ugly girl.." or somehting i cant make out most of the lyrics, but its a really cool song...starts of with a piano intro...(erm..probably all of her songs do for all i know) but i'd love to know whats its called as i might buy one of her albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

The song is "Precious Things" off the Little Earthquakes album. A VERY good buy indeed.

Advertisement