Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win 2k pro instalation prob

• 30-10-2001 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well im trying to install it ... what am i saying it aint even started to install . but at the moment its saying every cd key ive been typing in is incorrect . can anyone tell me how to fix this problom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Try entering a correct CD-key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Every CD key?;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

as far as i know the cd keys are all working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

use another cd??

different versions of win2k will use different keys, the upgrade to the full version, to advanced server, professional etc.

sounds like you're typing in the wrong one into it, if you're using one from the net, it's probs the wrong version, you should have bought the software anyway :p

btw, only idiots give out their own reg keys etc. but u never know with some u get on this board (awaits him of the anti-MS stance...)

well its my version i got it wif my laptop but still the cd key is invalid . ive tried some from the net but not workin yet .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

which version do u have? I got win 2k pro upgrade and win 2k pro server if thats any help?

its ok now i rang up the place today and b!tched at them for about a hr . things are ok now they handed over a cd key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

elexes, hmm, if its a legit copy, i'd bitch at them some more for a COA (certificate of authenticity) if this machine is being used for business use.

Those tossers from the BSA (microsoft laccies) are running rampent, demanding that legit business prove the copy is legit, which right now you cannot(your product key does NOT match the COA you have.).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

i c
    but wouldent the cert that comes wif one do as proof

Advertisement