Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut off after 1 Hour?

Options
  • 30-10-2001 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

When using UTV I sem to be getting cut off after about an hour,
    this has happened a number of times in recent weeks.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Mike whats the username and password for UTV is it like Oceanfree/oceanfree No.27321 or what ? If it is as simple as that i will try it for a while to see how i get on if u like ?

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm you need more then just a username and pass, you also need the dns.

its a "free" isp, so yes its just like oceanfree

Ermm for Oceanfree all i did was Make a New Dialup

Username = Oceanfree
    Password = oceanfree
    and the number

and it worked ? Is there somewhere i can get the UTV one i already have the number for my area ?

MS

thats odd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Boston, you don't really need the DNS addresses for most ISP's these days. MS, no, you have to sign up for a username and password on the UTV site.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had no idea it was so easy these days...

Cheers Adam. Ill try it ...thank you

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I usually use UTV Internet but have had a few cutoffs from them. They usually happen after about 2 minutes, or about half an hour.

I'd say it's your Eircom phoneline. Probobly find they purposly kick everyone off other ISP's just so everyone used 'reliable' Eircom.net. :P

well ntlworld.ie does, and as far as i can remember so did esat clear but maybe not iolnolimits.
    keep in mind neither of them are "free" isp's

Ok MIke i have been sitting here for the last 7 hours without been cut off from UTV. However i feel that its Crap! compaired to Ocenfree. Its just way too slow on everything. Ok im using the Eorcon NO-SPEED connection but even Eircon beats UTV tonight.... but overall Oceanfree is the best so far. Its only my opinion but i hope it helps.

MS

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I find UTV inconsistent myself. Sometimes I get a fantastic connection, sometimes average, sometimes atrocious. I have problems with connecting too, which is very annoying. Oceanfree is the opposite at the moment, it's solid as a rock, although I don't really like using them to be honest. I don't know what they're doing in BuyandSell.net, but they seem to have lost the plot. I don't use Eircom Net.

They all vary though. I keep shortcuts to all my connections on my desktop, and flip between them. At the moment it's Oceanfree for single-channel ISDN and UTV for dual-channel, but that could all change in a few days. Ah, for a DSL connection. My kingdom for a DSL connection...

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the imput, which I think shows mainly that
    no isp is consistant in delivery, I usually find connection
    speeds with UTV quite fast, about 45k, and I'm using Indigo
    right now at 45.5.

Last night at 7 I tried getting on line and each time everything
    ground to a complete halt after just a couple of seconds.
    I connected with 4 Isps exactly the same everytime, which must be errorcoms' doing....

Mike

Advertisement