Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Harcourt and stuff

Options
  • 31-10-2001 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey y'all,

just saw Lamda's post about Ed Harcourt and got quite excited. I heard "Here Be Monsters" this w/end and was blown away by it. I long to have it in my collection and fall in love slowly with it. Beautiful stuff, a soothing honeysoft voice that is well gorgeous to listen to.

Any of you people at Temple Bar Music Centre Sunday last? Coldspoon Conspiracy and Connectfour Orchestra played (and another band that I didn't stay around for) it was a blinding gig, really really good stuff. I'd never seen Coldspoon Conspiracy before and was excited by their stuff, funny too how they work one-piece bathing suits--mad mad--excellent screaming shouting, pounding percussion, singing guitar. Adrenaline rock indeed. Connectfour Orchestra make sublime music and that really is all I can think to write about them. It would be so lovely to see them rise to the top and conquer Ireland and the UK. For those that will be in Dublin later on in November go and see em play.

Lastly, there was a fandabbydosey deejay playing in TBMC a ce weekend aussi, il s'appelle Gugai. Ring any bells to anyone. I thought this guy was the absolute dog's trollix and could have sat listening to his tunes all night and day. He does a clubnight in Galway called Suds and Soda, the name being a kind of tribute to his favourite band dEUS. He's totally passionate about the stuff he plays and yeah I think you can feel it when you talk to him. Suds and Soda is on Monday nights at the gpo club Galway. If you wanna hear a great selection of alt/indie.

any of you going along to Jimi Tenor later in the month?
    Busby:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

:D
    What can I say Busby..... you've got great taste!

Advertisement