Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pedestrienne/moytura tbmc nov 2nd

Options
  • 31-10-2001 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Pedestrienne and Moytura will play a double header with support form The Joy Of Principle on Friday the 2nd of November in the Temple Bar Music Centre. Adm is £6 which includes admission to late club and all the bars. Doors at 8. Come along for a gauranteed good night and good value for your har earned blips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by peco
    Pedestrienne and Moytura will play a double header with support form The Joy Of Principle on Friday the 2nd of November in the Temple Bar Music Centre.

That's The Jive Principle mate :)

Fúcking biggest farce I've ever come across in my life. Turns out we had to go onstage at 8:15 and we didn't get to soundcheck until 8:05 because of you boys in Moytura I believe! That was just the biggest, shíttest, worst organised fúckin joke I've ever experienced.......
    It was hilarious.... we played to an empty room except for about 5 people :D rediculous.......
    If TBMC told me that I was to be off stage by 11 I'd fúckin lose the rag... if any of you are on here lads.... congratulate yourself on having the organisational skills of a lobotomised dog!! The phrase "píssup in a brewery" comes to mind!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

You can't blame the lack of a crowd entirely on the other 2 bands - don't forget that it's up to you to pull a crowd as well. Also, I'm sure it was unintentional, but it was a bad night for a gig anyway. You had La Rocca in the Shelter, and the Frames in Vicar Street to contend with as well.

Oh... I don't blame the other 2 bands for lack of crowd... but I do believe their organisation of the night was not good.... 8:15 is too early for any band to go on a Friday night....
    If TBMC told me as a headlining band that I had to be offstage at 11 I'd tell them to go and fúck themselves.... it was just a farce a badly organised event....a headlining act, should go on at 12 O clock at least...which would mean support would get to go on after 9....which is better on a Friday. I don't blame the other bands for no crowd being there..... but the organisation was awful.

I really enjoyed playing to an empty room...it was funny! We could chat to the barman!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I know what you mean - but that's the way it is with TBMC, especially on weekend nights.
    Playing to a small crowd can be great alright. When we played with Blo'tooth there was about 15 people there when we went onstage. Granted, there was about 40 when we finished, but still, it can be a great experience. We had a brilliant night!

• Advertisement
Advertisement