Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rolling Stones should Sue the Dandy Warhols.

Options
  • 31-10-2001 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

What's the story with the Dandy Warhols song "Bohemian like You" the music is the same as "Brown Sugar"? Jesus ya can be influenced but that's taken the piss!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

I think they must have paid a royalty to the stones. it's a good song but blatantly ripped. Isn't it from gimme shelter intro though ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

oh for ****s sake. who gives a ****? the rolling stones stole from black blues and gospel music, in some cases note-for-note, and nobody asked them to pay royalties. but, because they're so obsessed with money, they probably took a 90% pay agreement on royalties. the rolling stones are humourless bastards who should've all been lined against a wall and shot, circa 1974. the dandy warhols, on the other hand, are a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

The Dandy Warhols don't hind the fact that they are influenaced by certain people, hence their name. But i think that they are one of the most original bands around these days. Their music is exciting, interesting and uplefting unlike others that SH!TE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

They've a single from their last album where it sounds like
    courtney's dying to sing Duran Duran's Hungry Like A Wolf.
    They've another one that you could easily mistake
    the intro for My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.

I think a lot of their music sounds like they're playin around with classic stuff and makin it their own......and they do a damn fine job of it too. I agree that they're one of the most original bands
    around. Besides, like o sleep said, no songwriter hides away
    from the music that moves them most - stones included -
    they keep it in them and build from it.

That's one point i'll add to.
    The other, without specifically defining the point is:
    the dandy's are one of my fav bands from the last few years
    and yet i wouldn't be into a lot of their influences like the stones,
    even though they're supposed to be one of the greatest bands
    of the 60's. So is it not a good thing that modern artists are
    feeding us a bit of the classic sounds that they were fed?
    They're just rehashing the classic sound for the contemporaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I have the last album and its not bad there are some really good songs on it. as for the stealing of some of the music i must quote from the simpsons "If you take away our right to steal ideas where are they going to come from"

• Advertisement
Advertisement