Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA2 - Frame Limiter

Options
  • 31-10-2001 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I got the game for a fiver in Smyth's a week or two ago. It's great. Car physics are much better then the first game, if less arcadey.
    Anyways, the frame limiter option is neccessary on my machine, cos without it i render the game at about 150-200fps estimate. It's waaaaay to fast to play. With the limit on I reckon it's forced down to 30fps. This isn't smooth enough for me (I demand 60fps minimum) and iwas wondering if there is some .ini or .cfg file or something i could edit to change this.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS: if anyone mentions refresh rate I'll disregard them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I do not have an answer to that but I do however have another question ...

What exactly is the point of that game? Is it just drive over people and ram cars to accumulate as many useless points as possible or what?

Pls someone tell me that there is some point to the game cause it stole a half hour of my life :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

To establish yourself as a player in the seedy underworld of organised crime! ffs people have no respect for that line of work, and they risk there lives every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

*amp dusts off GTA2 cd*

AHAHAHAHA CAAAAARNAGE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

GTA - I could never see the point either. Hilarious fun for about three days and then I couldn't bothered after that.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Didn't like GTA2 as much, but the first game had me hooked for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hehe, My cousin, Mikill, got it, GPolice, Quake2 and Carmageddon for Christmas one year.
    Best christmas family gathering at my house ever.
    Pc was too shyot to play G-Police (at-all), carmageddon, while fun for the person at the keyboard, wasn't really a group spectacle - ditto for Quake2 (good game BTW).
    So it came to pass that we played GTA in 8-bit colour DOS mode at the blinding resolution of 340x200.

It certainly grabbed the attention of the aunts, uncles and their kids. Excellent, Excellent game. Brought it up to a friend's house. He liked, told one of his friend's. That lad went out and bought the inferior playstation version the next day. Rich, ignorant insufferable ass. What he didn't know only made me more smug in my gaming.
    then I got me a 3Dfx and my Eyes were opened :)

So, anyone actually know if this Frame-limiter can be changed at all?

Advertisement