Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamcast, i have to say

Options
  • 01-11-2001 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

that it's one of the best purchases i've made. been pretty much addicted to it for the last 2 weeks. got meself a 2nd controller in nyc this sat for half the irish price too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Yea the DC is a real good console,lots of real good games 2 keep u occupied 4 kmonths,but it wasnt advertised enuf so it didnt sell well,then games companies stop making games 4 it etc etc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭jes

get yourself a copy of Tony Hawkes 2 it's the best game you'll own on your dreamcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

tbh i thought tony hawk was alot better than thps2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Dreamcast Ownerage

The following are far superior to THPS2 imo

-Soul Calibur
    -Marvel vs Capcom 2
    -Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    -MSR
    -Shenmue
    -Jet Set Radio
    -Powerstone (Either)
    -Quake 3 Arena
    -Resident Evil : Code Veronica
    -Skies of Arcadia
    -Grandia 2
    -Virtua Tennis
    Many many more

Need I continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

How could you leave out Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi 1 & 2?

Dreamcast is the gamers console it has a pure heart and it is sad to see that the true gamers console had to be cancelled because people thought it would be cool to own a Ps2.

I own a Ps2 and have been impressed by much of it, GTA3 has been the only saving grace.

• Advertisement

How could you leave out Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi 1 & 2?
    He did say jet set radio lol

And jimi spandex..all brill games,but THPS is much ebtter than Shenmue..altho shenmue is graphically amazing it plays slow and not much happens over the 4CDs (its also only aabout 15hours long ffs).
    And powerstone2 would be 1 of the best multi player games on any console..no PS2 game has come close to it for a multi player game.
    And with soul caliber2 coming out i am gonna be playing my DC again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tell me why do Sega always get screwed by advertising?

They make dam good games...sniff...

I luv my DC boo hoo hoo...The experiacnes it gave me...my friend failed his LC because of crasy taxi...Advantage of the ending is i'm getting all those good games cheaper...

MSR?? xcellent game..which i think gave GT a run for its money

P.s WOAH DID U SAY SOUL CALIBUR 2???? i thought tha was GC?? i dunno if it is dc YESSS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sega seem to screw themselves when it comes to advertising really :)

The actual Dreamcast ad campaign was fairly dire. They had those awful "6 billion players" ads, which showed little in the way of game footage and highlighted the online gaming aspect, which was perhaps the DC's weakest point.

Then they blew a tonne of money sponsoring football teams, money that would have been put to better use elsewhere.

Anyway, the Dreamcast is a fantastic console and there is absolutely no excuse for anyone not to own one. It was host to some of the best games I've ever played, with some really original and fun titles available for it.

Originally posted by Pugsley

He did say jet set radio lol

yeh whoops sorry probably shouldnt be posting when i am half asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

capcom vs snk2 is another excellent game
    dunno if its being released over in europe though

• Advertisement

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    The actual Dreamcast ad campaign was fairly dire. They had those awful "6 billion players" ads, which showed little in the way of game footage and highlighted the online gaming aspect, which was perhaps the DC's weakest point.
    As did the PS2 with its "the 3rd place" cr4p with absolutely nothing to do with gaming at all but because its the playstation every1 baught it anyway :(

Agreed. The PS2 adverts were rubbish. But Sony were in the position where the Playstation brand was already in the public's minds. And they were hardly going to show game footage of the awful launch line-up, were they? :)

When they said Consoles could rot your brain i didnt believe them , but when everyone bought the Ps2 over the Dreamcast because they owned the original Ps ..........well you have to wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

2 things that are stoping buying the PS2 is that im broke and the 2nd is the hefty price on all its games i bet that if they lower the price of the games they would be selling alot more consoles and games. DC would deffo be a class buy since most of its games are around the price of a PS game and some you can get for $20
    If Sega had released the DC with some proper games and got the online section sorted earlier on, the DC would have been wiping the floor with its competition (ffs like the game that started the online on DC was Chu Chu Rocket....)

Chu CHu Rocket was a fantastic game in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i finished sould calibur in 46 seconds , i think.

and finished ecery single mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

next question

best footy game on the dc?
    i keep seeing sega ws2000 in the sales bin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

sales bin?

second hand games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

16th November : Head Hunter

23rd November : Virtua Tennis 2

30th November : Shenmue 2 (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i don't have dc but my friend thrax has one with 2 controllers lightgun and keyboard .he was in hong kong he got siht loads of games there and they cost about £2.99 or £3.99 for each one. q3 on dc owns so much !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement