Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEY!Loveletter problem,any experts out there?

• 01-11-2001 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

:confused: I got problem thats given me major headache,i had loveletter virus and because i didnt know how to stop it i made all .vbs files run in corel-paint!

Now ive got rid of the bug and i need to find the programme that runs .vbs files. PLZ HELP I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL!

CHEERS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Try Outlook, or Outlook Express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

wtf?

You don't need to run VBS files, just delete them.. most vbs files are evil anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 feel_the_luv14

Thanks moose but the .vbs files need to be run by some kind of visual basic programme(i think!) Serves me rite for messin about instead of getting proper virus programme:(

HELP!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Short for Visual Basic Scripting Edition, a scripting language developed by Microsoft and supported by Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser. VBScript is based on the Visual Basic programming language, but is much simpler. In many ways, it is similar to JavaScript. It enables Web authors to include interactive controls, such as buttons and scrollbars, on their Web pages.

so ya try your email prog

this link will have all info you need

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.loveletter.a.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 feel_the_luv14

Found out i need a file called DAJAVA.CAB, can anyone tell me where to find this file on the internet or disk cos it aint on my puter and I NEED IT BADLY!

thanks again matey peeps:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

That is of course an original copy of Windows 2000 you are using ?

You could also just download SP2 for Windows 2000.

Get the file here: (at least it was on these servers when I checked - this search tool is the english branch of Russian filesearch.ru site) (Google is so mainstream these days ....:) )
    http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s?q=dajava.cab&t=f&d=&l=en&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Who the hell needs VBS support anyway?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

By default, VBS files open with the command line:
    "C:\WINDOWS\System32\WScript.exe "%1" %*"
    Just open your file types menu, and change the respective 'open' options.
    This is with Win2k, might be the same for Win9x... not sure.

Advertisement