Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

product is unk

• 01-11-2001 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right my network card i cant rember what it is and win 2k dosent know what it is . anyone have a clue how to find out what it is ???

if all comes to bad ill buy a new one but if i can help it i dont want to do that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Stick in a linux or freebsd cd and boot from it, it oughta say in the booting messages. At least, that's what I'd do...

Look onna box?

Oh, stick it into a win98/me/xp machine and see what it thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Open the case up and check the card. It'll be on their as a print or a sticker som.where/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If win2k can't detect it, it is more than likely using a linksys chipset or, rather less likely, its an old isa card. It will pickup realtek 8029 and 8139 based cards, as well as 3com and intel cards.

Advertisement