Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigsmart Meeting?

Options
  • 01-11-2001 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone know if there is a Gigsmart meeting on tonight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BigJohn

Yea Dilner,

From what i heard theres one on tonight. Its in Whelans apparently at 11pm and I think i heard one of the bands say "yea, we'll use whelans and get those suckers at phantom to pay for it. Oh yea, and they can buy us drink too".

The above is ironic humour by the way, given the "interesting" attitude of some bands on this site in the last few days.

Big John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Do you play in a band yourself, Big John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

No Gigsmart meeting has been arranged by myself this evening for a couple of reasons..these are as follows.

7 gigs are currently being organised.....when they are I will have time to sit and chat with everyone again....if you need anything you can of course send a mail to the usual .

Otranome are of course my prioirity, we rehearse tonight and record all weekend so I have to prep for that

The gigsmart CD and brochure is still be worked on this is taking longer than I had hoped as I want to get the best possible presentation I can for when the disc goes out to "industy" so please be patient......

Like I said before its all about delivering to people...something of a concept that seems to be lost on numerious individuals but no matter. By next meeting I hope that I will have delivered what I said I would with the direct help of a very small group of people who have gotten stuck in, I won't mention them , cause I don't need to, they don't need an ego inflation or otherwise as people have accused us of such tripe...anyway by next meeting

We will hopefully have the following

dates for bands
    dates for studio time available
    The compilation disc and press pack finished
    Website up and running

Meetings are not what Gigsmart is about ....

Meetings = ideas

But

Ideas + Work = progress

Work usually happens when everyone else is sittin around waiting for something to happen...no offense intended. The next meeting should be next week.

Advertisement