Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ack! bought speakers by mistake!

• 01-11-2001 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

STUPID STUPID STUPID! I pressed the wrong "buy" button and bought some stupid stupid stupd thing called a "Surround Theatre" or something equally stu - well, you get the idea - instead of a soundcard.

So what should I do? Sell the thing (it's a Creative yoke), or keep it and slot the speakers up somewhere? Ack! Stupid!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Well, if I recall correctly their not bad... though you might want to try and cancel the order first. Ring them up.

Was this from Dabs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

I only discovered when I got the mysteriously huge package. No wonder the postage was 56 bleeding quid bloody sterling.

<sigh>

Why didn't God give me sense? Wouldn't you think that would have shown a little consideration? At least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ouch, thats an expensive mistake.

even if you got your money back, i couldnt see you recouping the shipping, and youd probably have 2 ship 'em back!

/Empathy/

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

how mutch u selling it for ?

lexis, don't know if I'm going to sell it. I'm coming to the conclusion that I should trust the flow, man, and keep the thing, since the flow caused me to be very, very stupid. After all, I'm not going to get the cost plus the vast postage back, and if I wire it up to my living room I can play Sigur Rós *and* be reminded not to be so dim again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

LOL :D

Hey see the funny side, that IS pretty funny :) £56 sterling for shipping... ouch... if you put it that way, you might as well keep the speakers! How much were they apart from shipping?

Around £86 in funny money, I think... I don't even want to think about what they are in our cash.

No.... actually, this is a bit weird. Now that I think of it. I'm just looking at the "this is your receipt, print this out", and it mentions only the processor, the fan, the cooler... Oh, wait, maybe that's an earlier... hang on...

Yeah, got it. 86 quid sterling all right - and that seems to include the speakers *and* the soundcard. Must have been on a special, because looking at overclockers' page now it's 179 sterling.

Anyway, when I've got the rest of the parts for what's going to be a very overpriced but fun computer I'll hire a carpenter to put up some stands for the speakers and be able to play Beautiful Linda Gretchell in surroundsound.

Here's the page for the "theatre" on overclockers:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Creative_Labs_Speaker_Systems_22.html

Advertisement