Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublins 3 greatest bands

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Really there are so many good bands in Dublin! Why make it a competition? Everybody thinks the band's they follow are the best so what? I know who I think are the best who cares!
    Anyway the US keeps stealing good bands! Bad for Dublin good for NY b'cause the music scene here is otherwise pathetic. You have better radio too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

true true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Christy Moore (was/is pretty ****ing amazing.)
    Thin Lizzy (of course)
    The Pogues
    The Wolfetones
    U2
    The Frames (amazing by reputation, dunno myself)
    JJ72 (pretty decent)
    ASLAN (how could i forget them?, well it is a bit of a crazy world :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i dont want it to be a competition,i'm saying that these are my 3 fave at the moment.
    i totally agree that there shouldnt be any angism between bands;that eeryone should cooperate ,etc.
    of course friendly rivalry is always groovy;i.e.:
    the rawk league between otranome and obsolete(obsolete are miles ahead...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GraveDust

what about,

1. Pin
    2. Immodium(well dey're Irish anyway)
    3. Corrupted

(has any1 heard of x-constant yet? I cant wait to see those guyz gig, it should be ****in animal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Actually....there's three ****-hot bands !!!
    I don't think I could pick only three fave bands in Dublin....Dublin seems to be oozing with talent (along with Ireland) and while there's a lot of talent there's also a lot of really ****e bands trying to catch on to the coat-tails of such bands mentioned above....of course skyjack and otranome gotta be in there too.....I'm not biased at all at all !!! ;o)
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by Ste k

We are really lacking a ground breaking act that could have huge implications on the world map of music. Unfortunatly everyone starts talking about Irish bands with "well they sort of sound like ehh........"

How else is one suppossed to describe a band.. ya need a point of refrence , anyways as one who has to admire from afar the only answer I can give for why the Irish are not storming the intenational world of music is that shyte sells.... Dublin and Ireland at large clearly have the disproportinate amount of Talent whilst in NY all the key venues are full of bands that can only be described as "sounds like the indigo girls" or "sounds like Phish" or "Sounds like they are from Austin" and worse and the kiddies use superlatives like "Best" to describe crap like Linkin Park. Really it is a sad state... I am waiting for the overthrow!

Regardless at this very momnent three bands making my day better: Obsolete, Dudley Corporation, BellX1

Advertisement