Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarification on Gigsmart / Phantom relationship

Options
  • 01-11-2001 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi all

As predictable as some accusations that have been made recnetly where, I feel that it is very important to make a distinct point in relation to the use of Phantoms web board and basically about any relationship that is "perceived" between Phantom and Gigsmart.

The only relationship that currently exists is that both try to help indigenous bands

I have made ample attempts to involve Phantom in Gigsmart activities and have offered to help them in relation to some of their activities with regard to local bands. To date, and I wish to make this crystal clear I HAVE NOT received any correspondance from Phantom stating that they wish to be involved OR that they find any use of their web board inappropriate. I have no problem with things as they stand, I believe the same of Phantom so chill out Big person whoever you are behind the mask of anonymity> Phantom are big boys and girls and can speak for themselves if needs be yeah?

Phantom are a radio station they play local bands, they are fulfilling their part of the equation as I see it.

Gigsmart is a band Network committed to getting bands gigs and helping them get organised, we are fulfilling our part.

I make no excuses for being motivated nor would expect Thomas from Presence or anyyone else involved to do so.It takes a lot more than a few posts on a board and a few slurs thrown about the place to actually "BE INVOLVED".

Gigsmart have contacted an enourmous amount of people in the "Irish Scene" and the reluctance of these people to get involved is down to one thing, the one thing that prevented Phantom getting a licence, the one thing that keeps people divided and the one thing that stifles the talents of the young people in this country .....££££££

Its hard doing it all on a shoe string, Phantom know all about it, if a gig next door threatens Phantom.... well then its a matter of time before the station goes anyway, remember once again we have had no complaints so far from anyone at Phantom.
    EQUALLY if gigsmart folds cause we don't get support form other people then its not worth anything anyway......its tough getting what you can out there, when an opportunity arises we'll take it We hope to involve as many other people as we can , but if people choose not to be involved that's fine, we choose to float our own boat first and will do it ourselves if we have to as best we can. We deal transparently with everyone, have no secrets and have no problem existing side by side with anyone, we will not waste time however worrying if we offend anyone by doing exactly what we said we would.

Organise Gigs
    Help bands as best we can.

I must do this at least once a month....****s sake its gettin old.

Any comments you wish me to address mail me directly gigsmart_ireland@yahoo.co.uk

Trev

Otranome/Gigsmart/Moving Target

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Nicely put Trev.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

You don't check the board in two days and what happens? All hell breaks loose!

Right...lets clear up all the various bits so I can go and watch Frasier, sorry, I mean go and Rock and take cocaine and sleep with prostitutes etc...must keep up the image :-)

1. Phantom has no problem with Gigsmart. Its a good idea and best of luck to you with it. Phantom gets approached by interests groups from every possible angle all the time and we would love to do more with them, but due to our part-time status, there just is not the time.

2. Running a gig on a Thursday, next door! Why I oughta! Thomas makes it clear that Phantasm fliers will be handed out on the night so thats cool with us. If ye had of come to us earlier, we could have organised some special discount thing if you go from Gigsmart to Phantasm. Come to think of it, we still can.

3. Theres no problem promoting events on our messageboard. Obviously if we have a problem with an event or its content we have absolute discretion to remove any posting. But if its next door and on a Thursday and aimed at a student market then yea, we would love to know in advance, so we can set off the fire alarms in mono ;-)

4. And yes, Phantasm is our main source of income. And no, we have no investors bankrolling us while we are "without licence" as they say. Keeps the lights on, and Nescafe rather than "Londis Instant" for the guests.

5. Trev, you will spend the rest of your days telling people the same stuff every month. Trust me on this one. Im old and I still have to do it.

So there, hope that clears everything up. Best of luck with the gig next week, and if I dont see you all in Phantasm afterwards, Ill set Sinister Pete on you, and believe you me, thats not pretty :-)

Any queries, fell free to email us.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Yep theres still time to organise something!!!!!!!

Drop me a mail with a phone number or an email addy asap @ brunkard@hotmail.com so I can work out the deals with ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

BRAVO,TREV!

can you not just ignore the ignorant though?
    They are not worth communicating with

Advertisement