Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harney clears Valentia's takever of Eircom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

"The deal was cleared by the Tánaiste under two important qualifications. The chairman of Valentia, Tony O'Reilly must absent himself from any dealings between the new Eircom and the cable provider Chorus, in which Dr O'Reilly holds an interest. He must also not see any papers which deal with issues in which Chorus and Eircom may be in competition."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/1101/eircom.html

Not surprising really. Of course the EU might still take a different view though I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

So this means that O'Reilly is going to be absent from any discussions whatsoever on Chorus's overall strategy right? hah not bloody likely - this country is a write off, our politicians tend to be either stupid or corrupt.

On the bright side, the sooner we get rid of the political power of the small shareholders in Eircom the better, so let's hope the deal is finalised soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I presume now that Puppet No.1 & Puppet No. 2 will do all the work for Daddy as he compiles a new monopoly-

BTW aka Gavin & Tony Jr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Was that "puppet" or "muppet"?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

puppet is an expression of effection, like gimp.

actually i welcome this move, its means we will probably see some movement on the llu front, as all past arrangements are mute now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Frankly I'm suprised Sir Tony was'nt required to divest
    himself of Chorus... I don't see how he can play "dumb".

Mike.

Frankly I'm suprised Sir Tony was'nt required to divest
    himself of Chorus... I don't see how he can play "dumb".
    So... many... snap... responses... must... restrain.... eek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady on Dahamsta!
    It was'nt that stupid a comment
    or was it? ;).

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Was that "puppet" or "muppet"?

adam

LOL....

No...indeed it was Puppet as in:

-Puppet on a string
    -Puppet Regime (in the political context)
    -Master of Puppets ( epic Metallica Album;))

And no Boston I wasn't refering to them as "gimps" or in any other affectionate sordid context. What kind of sick person do you think I am:p

No...indeed it was Puppet as in:

I know 80p, I read The Phoenix. :)

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement