Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Licenses Out the Gamecube !

Options
  • 02-11-2001 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Primarily a DVD player, that is compatible with the Gamecube, plus the nifty new look.

Looks pretty nice though

Supposed to retail around $350, so I dunno what that will be over here, though I would definitely get one if the price happened to be a lot lower than that.

It looks just....well...it's just too swank-looking to come from Nintendo.

Maybe it's all Panasonic's design ?

Here's the source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Yea,its all designed by panasonic,but.......
    I heard from a friend whos a ninty addict that it isnt gonna be released out here now :(
    Because the maarkets not big enough or some lark...hopefully it will tho it looks kewl, its a sexy toaster with skillz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

That looks lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Aye, it's very nice indeed - they showed it to us at E3 back in May. Gorgeous piece of kit, there are currently no plans for a release in this part of the world but that doesn't mean they won't bring it over here if it's a success in Japan...

If it was a just a nintendo machine I would have said there was a snowballs chance in hell of it being released over here - but as its Panasonic I have more hope :)

I already have a DVD player though :/

.... but it does look lovely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i REALLY want that version of it, but obviously need to buy a GC the day it's released here, so will be lumbered with the ninny version.

grumble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

It's a blatent copy of the Apple Cube....

see this picture

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

They're releasing it in Japan, possibly America, but you know these companies we're toilet poo to them it'll never be released here and chances are it won't be produced for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wouldn't rule out a European release at all. If the demand is there for it in Japan and America (which is more than likely) then chances ae good for a European release. It would be a bit niave of Panasonic to ignore a huge market for no apparant reason, don't you think?

Tell that to countless companies who ahve ignored us, think of how many brilliant RPG's we've missed out on, despite the obvious fact that there's a market for them over here. It wouldn't suprise me if we're once again ignored.

An RPG is hardly the same as this though, is it?

RPGs are extremely text intensive, so a lot of the time its not viable to translate it from Japanese into 5 or 6 European languages. Not to mention the fact that RPGs tend to sell better in Japan anyway.

P.S. Panasonic are saying they have no plans to release Q outside of Japan

• Advertisement

P.S. Panasonic are saying they have no plans to release Q outside of Japan

My point is proven, we'll never see it.

How would the RPG publishers know if it's viable or not if they've never tested the water before? They didn't go beyond the middle of Africa along the coast because when they saw the water bubble they though the water was boiling - how wrong they were and how wrong the publishers are not releasing these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

How would the RPG publishers know if it's viable or not if they've never tested the water before?

Er, but they have? We actually get quite a significant number of the really big RPGs, but they don't sell anywhere near as well over here as they do in the states, so the smaller releases never make it to Europe.

They did test the water. The Final Fantasy series are the only Japanese RPGs that I can think of that really could give a gauranteed return on their investment in Europe. Games like Skies of Arcadia didn't perform well at all over here.

[editted for spelling mistake]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by root
    It's a blatent copy of the Apple Cube....

its a copy of the game-cube.

You should give Suikoden a try - its my favourite RPG by a mile :D

I may even base me next console perchase based on which system that comes out on

Advertisement