Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking an atlon 1.4ghz

• 02-11-2001 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

((`¯`•._.•Spec•._.•`¯`))

• EP-8K7A+ DDR
    • 1.4 GHz AYHJA Athlon
    • Gainward Geforce 3 64mbs
    • PANASONI 16xDVD 48xCD
    • CRUCIAL 512MB PC2100
    • Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder
    • Sound Blaster Live Player 5.1
    • ThermoEngine V60-4225 Delta Black
    • Dual IBM Deskstar 60GXP 41.2GB UDMA100
    • Coorercase Storm Nero (300w psu)
    • 2 120m and 2 80m YS-Tech Fans
    • Rounded Ata 100/66 ide cables black
    • D-LINK Network Card 10/100 PCI
    • Cordless Optical Desktop Pro
    • 17” LCD Monitor

my spec, or micky extension as some people like to think.
    ive clocked the 1.4gh up to 1.53ghz but I want to know if I can get more out of it

I cant seem to overclock the memory without loosing stability, so its running at 133, the multiplier is at 11.5 and the vcore is around 1.90

any ideas are is this as good as I can hope for.
    is upping the memory voltage an idea?

Ps im ruinning windows Xp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i dont think your going to get your answer here try:
    OcUK

and

Pcmech

they will be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm, i dont think ill be posting on an english board. Americans are bad enough but the english are another story.
    thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

What's wrong with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

I don't know much at all about o'cing, but I definitely remember seeing one of the tech sites (Hard OCP prob) with a 1.4GHz Tbird up to 1.62MHz.

It may have been Anandtech though when they had a look at one of the K266A boards 2 months ago. If I'm not mistaken that Epox board is that new one yeah?

Now that is *definite* that they got to it to 1.62MHz stable. I suppose you might want to check what temp it's running at if you can (don't those 266A boards have a temp monitor?). You might find you've reached the limit of the cooler and that's what is screwing the RAM, because AFAIK PC2100 should be pretty solid (depends on manufacturer though - is it Crucial, etc., or non brand, etc., )?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

most of those ppl on those sites are nither english or american

• Advertisement

well ocuk usually is, nothing really wrong with them, just it can be a pain having to explain how things are different here to there and sometimes they come off with an atitude i dont much care for.

why else do any of us post at an irish message board, cause i for one am sick of being called a lepracon (?)

Red Moose, no i dont have the latest KT266 board i have a 261
    and forget Anandtech, those lads have some supped up rigs to get their stuff.
    i guess ill just have to be happy with what ive got, though, im surprised that Anandtech didnt get the 1.4ghz all the way to 1.7ghz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Irishguy, its extremely arrogant to reckon that no-one here knows about overclocking.

Boston, to go further you will need better cooling, plain and simple. The thermoengine is no longer the best cooler, even with a delta, and running a tbird at 1.53 Ghz and over at 1.9volts produces an enormous amount of heat.

I'd concentrate on getting your fsb higher, and lowering the multiplier because this will have a greater effect on overall performance than getting to 1.7 ghz. You can try raising the ddr voltage by .1 or .2, but its strange that it won't clock higher than 133, crucial pc2100 is normally pretty good for 150-160mhz at least.

Some sound advise, the Fans on my rig do allot of the cooling and i have very few messy wires, so a good wind tunnel goes right through my rig. i havent noised a huge change in heat since i overclocked it @153ghz

the memory will overclock to about 145 and post, but i find my system crashs for no reason when its like this.

its late now, but tomorrow ill underclock it and try upping that fsb and see what happens

Advertisement