Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

087 help

• 02-11-2001 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

I suppose this would be the right place to post this.
    I have a friend who's on an 087 mobile, but in the past few days I ahven't been able to text him, it tells me that the message wasn't received by the person. The same thing ahppens when I try ICQ SMS, what's up with this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It depends what means you're using to text your friend. If you're going via a free Web2SMS interface or simelar, it's quite possible that Eircell have blocked it.

Both Eircell and Digifone ban SMSC's on a regular basis, either because they spam ppl or to simply protect their market share (Eircell/Digifone don't make money when you send an SMS via a free Web2SMS interface ;) ). Solution: Find another free Web2SMS site.

If you used a phone, on the other hand, then it may be a handset issue. Logically, can you send SMS's to others? On the same or different networks? Can your friend recieve SMS's from others? Again, on the same or different networks?

Also, are you sending to the correct number? :rolleyes:

If the answer is no for any of the above you're know who's got to phone up their operator to get it sorted out.

If this only happens for you texting to your friend from your mobile then, I don't know off the top of my head. I'd probably need more info, such as your network 085/086/087? If it's 085, though, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

hmm, it might be the case that the sim card isn't properly talking to the network-happened to me a couple of times before. If he rings customer care they'll probably tell him to reset the sim card by turning it off for about half an hour or so. That sometimes does the trick. He'll know if it's working because he'll get a torrent of messages when he turns his phone back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Must be something to do with my friend's mobile I can send and recieve to everyone else fine, I'll send on the info thanks folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eircell cancelled their agreement with mtnsms.com, so perhaps they have done it with a number of free operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Victor
    Eircell cancelled their agreement with mtnsms.com, so perhaps they have done it with a number of free operators.

Dead right. Practically every free SMS service doesnt support Eircell due to them requesting it. The only one I know of is the IOL sms service, which is actually quite decent

It would be nice to be able to use ICQ tho.. ahh well, guess we'll have to wait for Eircell Vodafone to wake up and get the finger out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement