Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this will not be forgotten

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Why is it always the ones who can't spell for toffee and wouldn't know punctuation if they were caught in a shower of full stops and commas that decry comments on spelling as being "pathetic", eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

Be quiet.

Waaaa! Oppression! Attempted censorship! waaa! ;)

Ahhh... apology accepted. I know my incisive, scathing skillz can sometimes destroy ones will, but taht wasn't so bad. I imagine you'll do just fine.

Thanks doc, you know something, I think that I just might. ;)

I didn't know this. I knew he was being an asshole and spamming, even still he has since apologised, and wants to be treated as per normal. Fair enough, rip him up for a bit, but eventually, these things should be forgotten. I attempted to access his site today to check it out for myself, but couldn't get access for some reason. Anyway. That little joke u have sure is a cracker!

Yeah "joke" is probably the wrong word. And yeah we would probably would forget Flogen except the moron keeps coming back for more. Get a different nick Flogen and maybe you'll get taken seriously.

No. Who is he? Another arséhole like myself!? :)

Ah just a homegrown muppet who is using another nick or something to hide from Bard, his arch enemy. You have similar writing styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Shinji
    Why is it always the ones who can't spell for toffee and wouldn't know punctuation if they were caught in a shower of full stops and commas that decry comments on spelling as being "pathetic", eh?

Fúck u. I'm actually rather good at spelling, as any of my mates would tell ya :)
    Also, I'm havin a good buzz here, trading banter with Amp... he doesn't take it too seriously like some! Isn't taht right Amp?

<edit> by the way Amp I've been on here quite a while.. why would u suddenly think I'm a fool who impersonates other twats!?</edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 flogenh

cheers for the support Dr.Loon, at least now i know its not all a one track mind here at boards.ie.

and i never censored a single post on my forum, not one. as for the new one, the swear filter is beyond my control, so its not my fault.

think before you speak amp.

Flogen Hasapopen
    http://www.flogenh.cjb.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You removed posts.
    Doesnt that count as censorship?

when did i delete a single post? go ahead, make one up, because I never did.

Flogen Hasapopen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by flogenh
    and i never censored a single post on my forum, not one. as for the new one, the swear filter is beyond my control, so its not my fault.

Hah, I guess that's just as good as banning Rim Cortzi-whateverthefukc from your site then.

not really, it just puts a * over the 'uc' or the 'hi', so he can still rant all he likes.

Flogen Hasapopen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I knew he was being an asshole and spamming

and

Fair enough, rip him up for a bit

Nice Support you got there flogy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

it may be far from whole hearted, but at least someone is saying that i should be let get on with things as a board member. its better than calls for 12-clicks, at least someone is sound enough to say something that may possibly go against the will of the rest of you. at least he agrees your all taking it way too far, and that its a matter of the past.

Flogen Hasapopen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

quite possibly you are all muppets...

this is nearly as enjoyable as something i would do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Boards.ie does not forgive that easily. Personally I think if you don't come back with a new nick I doubt people will forget for a long time.

.logic.

cheers for the support Dr.Loon, at least now i know its not all a one track mind here at boards.ie.

The one track is called "No spam". And it's a track you can get off whenever you like. Besides, the good doctor has given his ok to "rip him up for a bit" aint that so Loon?

Guess Rim must have done it. He must be going :mad: at not being able to swear like the good old days eh?

Brilliant! This is great material you're giving me here Adam. And can I just say that you've been the most entertainingly stupid muppet it has been my pleasure to work with in a long time. Anyway please pick one of the following replies:

Academic patronizing:
    1. What a bold and indeed intelligent repost young man, you seek to attack my intelligence, by imitating those very figures of authourity you depise so much. No doubt you picked up this very mature phrase early in life. However I sense you do not subscribe to the writings of that famed Italian philosopher Antonio Rosmini in his eassy on "Stability or Downfall of Human Societies". To quote him (translated from the original Italian):

"Clearly a society which comes to lack its essential support must inevitably collapse, like a building whose foundations have been removed. On the other hand, if the support is solid the society must endure, even when deprived of its accessories and of all its accidental embellishments."

If we take boards.ie to be the "society" and it's "essential support" to be from the people who post here, then it's a good metaphor for why boards.ie has survived and grown for around 5 years.

This forum exists and grows because more people join than leave, people stay because it's relatively spam free and if there are abuses by members, mods or admin they get resolved quickly. In other words, the way this place is run is pretty much ok by most of the people here.

Stupid Patronizing:
    2. I use my fingers to type the letters that come up on the screen. Isn't "that think before you post"?

Scientific Patronizing:
    3. As my vocal cords are controlled via my brain it is beyond my control not to think before I speak.

Plain old patronizing:
    4. Hey kid, when you finish puberty, grow up, leave school and you actually learn about how the real world works, you may be in for a shock.

Rim Cortznicuve (love that guy) style patronizing:
    5. iI'll think your brain outta your ****ing arse before I ****ing shove it down your ****ing gob you ****ing ****-ridden mother****ing ****er with ****witted ****ing ****off ****ster tennis shoed **** testicle wanker ****ed thinking ****ing **** for brained **** wanker ****ed through the back of your ****ed **** hamster ridden **** **** *** ***** ****************!!!!!!!

Have a nice day and I hope your reply shows as much thought as mine.

hugs and kisses,
    amp

[edited to tidy UBB code]

That wasnt a strike at you personally, amp, but simply a strike at the comment you made accusing me of censorship, thats why I said you should think before you speak(and you should research before you post too). I havent censored or deleted anything off my forums, so your claim is false. as for Antonio Rosmini, I havent read much about him, and I dont intend on it either, Im not big into priests, but whatever chokes your chain, amp, whatever chokes your chain....

Flogen Hasapopen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What is a "popen", and why do you have one :confused:

• Advertisement

you know, thats a good question, and one im not sure of the answer to.

i guess itll just be an eternal mystery like
    are we alone in the universe?
    or
    what smells funny???

Flogen Hasapopen

Following your tradition of not replying to your critics points I chose to ignore whatever you were going on about before this holy revelation:

as for Antonio Rosmini, I havent read much about him, and I dont intend on it either, Im not big into priests, but whatever chokes your chain, amp, whatever chokes your chain....

He's a priest? I don't remember saying he was a priest. You must be more familar with him than I. Either you lie about your lack of knowledge or you must attend a school in his name. A religous school perhaps, with only boys? And frustrated old members of the clergy? Might it be that while you may not be "big into priests" they might in fact be big into you? ;)

amp
    P.s You're just not trying Flogen. C'mon, more effort. We'll make a flamer of you yet.

I never realised you were so interested in boys schools, amp. if you think your tactics are going to freak me out, they wont. I know you were talking to cr8or. and just incase you deny it, ill tell it straight.
    yes i do go to a school called pobalscoil rosmini, named after your idol antonio, no it doesnt have frustrated members of the clergy in it, just mentally frustrated midigit 1st years who cant work out the equation of left foot, right foot. and no, it isnt a 'slow-persons' school, although there are classes full of them. its called the remedial class, and 1st year through 3rd year.

I really dont care that you know about my school, I just never realised i had a stalker. Im flattered, actually.

Flogen Hasapopen

I don't deny anything, cr8or did tell me, and then I did a simple search on the web. I merely tried to use some of Anto's quite interesting thoughts on society, in the hope that it was something you were familar with, and thus make my point. It was you that brought up the subject of things to do with "what ever chokes your chain".

Ok Flog baby, I know you need to have the last word so go on give us your best shot.

look, im not looking for the last word here, amp. i just want my point made, and accepted. I want to be treated as a normal poster here at boards.ie. I would also like you to retract your statement that 'I censor' back, as it is not true, and something I am proud of.
    I have said I wont spam again, and just go on as normal, and I have acknowledged the small(and near invisible) hastle I may have caused, and have promised not to cause it again.

what else do you want????

Flogen Hasapopen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

look, im not looking for the last word here, amp. i just want my point made, and accepted.

You've made your point... ... => that bit is done.

You can't, however, force people to accept that point or demand that they do accept it. Freedom of will and opinion, and all that...

I want to be treated as a normal poster here at boards.ie.

... did you leave out the "IM" before "poster" ??? :p

... If you want to be treated like a 'normal' poster, then you should definitely drop this subject and start to act like a 'normal' poster (as opposed to acting like a deranged lunatic, with all the class and decorum of a rhino with a headache who has just come home to find another rhino smoking his best Cuban cigars and in bed with his wife).

--

Slow down.

Let's stop the bloody slaughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

... and that its a matter of the past

Well then leave it there, and make a contribution. We get annoyed here on boards but personally I'd rather let it go and move on.

Flogen, I am treating you like any other poster. I'm just having fun here. Aren't you?

I demand nothing of you Flogen. You could possibly not demean your original apology by saying your actions caused "small(and near invisible) hastle". (Maybe write the word "hassle" down and stick it on the side of your monitor, eh?).

Lastly for someone who doesn't want the last word you have an awful habit of replying. I can stop, can you?

yeah, amp, your doing a great job at stopping.

and yes, i am having fun. I enjoy this quite alot....I hope you all do. as for the hastle im causing you, it is insignificant, and you know it.

and trying to stop me from posting on this by saying im only trying to get the last word wont work either.

ok, this is all I want, amp, and then I'll stop repying to this. Where did you get the idea that I was censoring my forum???

Flogen Hasapopen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i cant believe your still posting, your nothing but a total spa. and you can tell it to the hand

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think I'll have the last word...
    hmmm I think it will be.... Closed... yes... closed is a good word.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement