Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Plus DVD - TrueSpace 3

• 13-05-2000 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Just a warning for people running Win98 SE,
    do NOT install TrueSpace. It overwrites a DLL with a beta version and leaves your system hanging at boot.

If it's happened to you, get wininet.dll from someone else running 98SE boot into DOS with a boot disk and copy it to c:\windows\system

Spent ****ing hours at this today, the registries a mess smile.gif

Karla

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Jeez... thanks- was literally just *about* to install it when I saw your post. A query though - if you DO install it on a Win98SE machine and then replace the DLL, will the program work ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

TS3 is very very old. TS4 is the later one, supports OGL.

Also Strata3D is now free! biggrin.gif and if anyone knows how to do animation paths in Strata3D let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Not so sure Bard, try checking out the PcPlus website http://www.pcplus.co.uk

They said they're going to release a patch for it, but....

I think you can pretty much copy the files from the CD onto your HD, some guy somewhere said that anyways.

Advertisement