Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TBMC...assmasters.

Options
  • 04-11-2001 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

ASSMASTERS!! absolute mofo, ass-spelunking, turd faced, piss breath, jizz mopping, donkey raping, horse blowers!!!

Why do they do it!? I had my college ID, I had a ticket, I had various ways of even blagging my way in, and still, they wouldnt let me see Backyard Babies! :(. I used my resources and with a quick phonecall, I was let in the backstage door. But i was booted out halfway through the set. I'm too angry and upset for words. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 haters

i reckon you have around 2 choices:

a) bring proper ID (garda card, drivers license, passport) in future
    b) stop going to gigs in the music center

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Or option 3) Grow a beard........works for me, chin full of fluff, never get asked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

the point is that I shouldnt need to prove I'm 18 to see one of my favourite bands... its so f*cked! "proper id"?! pffff! I mean the trouble i went through last night and the way the security staff dealt with me (assholes) was just plain WRONG, I hate this crap, it really upsets me. :( see!

uh...no.

the fact its your favourite band is completely irellevant.
    its up to the bouncers to decide whether you look 18 or not.
    bring recognised id and you'll have no hassles.
    you've eliminiated any chance of you not getting into the gig.
    (assuming you're not drunk, waving a knife around etc..)

if they feel you dont look 18 - tough luck. thats up to them.
    had you just brought a stupid bit of paper with you that proved them wrong - you wouldnt be crying on the internet.

theres no point calling them assholes etc, everyone knows that bouncers can be pricks. its pretty much their job to be assholes. in a perfect world, it'd be there job to make sure the people inside dont cause trouble - but in reality - its to stop people gettin in, cos they can afford to.

its a bit naive to think that you wont ever get asked for ID, and that you'll be able to talk your way in if you dont.

the way they dealt with you? you dont really have many legs to stand on here seeing as you had youself snuck in after they refused you entry. you're lucky you wernt barred.

moral of the story:
    bring ID = no problems you see your favourite band.
    dont bring ID = look like a retard whining on the internet about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

dude?.......first of all theres no need to act like a dick.....and secondly you actually have no idea what unbelievable assholes the bouncers in the music centre are....i went to the gig with my wallet so i had my college ID, although i shouldnt have had to use it....the gig was advertised as 16s....we checked this out both witht the music centre and with mcd......when we arrived the first 30 people or so were refused entry as they were not 18 as was my friend p-t saviour, who is 6 days younger than I am and who also had his college ID.....the bouncers would not listen to any reason what so ever.....i mean if they had have said " sorry look theres nothing we can do, we could loose our jobs if we let you in.....we're really sorry"......instead it was more of "if you dont have id get the **** away from me you havent a chance in hell of getting in".....they were being complete dicks...and they are always dicks in the music centre.......but anyway i did have my ID and i went in and backyard babies played a great show but the whole night had been ruined by the ****in bouncers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

it makes no difference whether you were going to see your favouirite band... i mean if you went to a club or bar and only had a student card, there is a chance it would be rejected.. the tbmc serves drink, some bands have all-ages gigs, where those over 18 get a hand stamp.. Backyard Babies did not opt for this.

i'm not being an ass, but stop being a baby, you should have known better.. bouncers have annoying jobs, true they choose to do it, but you will never get any hassle off them once you just bring some authorised ID, i think the bouncers there are okay aswell, not as cool as the whelans ones, but one of them gave me loads of free passes to screamadelica on thursdays, for no other reason than i talked to him.

i am mother theresa.

i'm not being a dick - i'm being a realist.
    theres no point in that guy being such a cry baby on the internet about this - like the other guy who posted after you just said.

also - your buddy never mentioned any of the 'under 16s' stuff in his post - maybe if he had i'd be a little more sympathetic.

dont be surprised that at gigs that are gonna attract younger folk, that theres gonna be some id hassles.

and i do go to gigs. probably a **** load more than you bro.

Originally posted by Mr Crowe
    dude?.......first of all theres no need to act like a dick.....and secondly you actually have no idea what unbelievable assholes the bouncers in the music centre are....i went to the gig with my wallet so i had my college ID, although i shouldnt have had to use it....the gig was advertised as 16s....we checked this out both witht the music centre and with mcd......when we arrived the first 30 people or so were refused entry as they were not 18 as was my friend p-t saviour, who is 6 days younger than I am and who also had his college ID.....the bouncers would not listen to any reason what so ever.....i mean if they had have said " sorry look theres nothing we can do, we could loose our jobs if we let you in.....we're really sorry"......instead it was more of "if you dont have id get the **** away from me you havent a chance in hell of getting in".....they were being complete dicks...and they are always dicks in the music centre.......but anyway i did have my ID and i went in and backyard babies played a great show but the whole night had been ruined by the ****in bouncers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

.....i'm headin out to my third gig in as many nights in about 15 mins;) .......but it makes no odds i'm sure we've all had hassle with bouncers before....where have you found the best bouncers?....i reckon the bouncers at the more tent at witnness this year were some of the best i've ever seen.....they were letting people mosh and crowd surf and were generally being sound.....nobody got hurt and everyone had fun .....they were pretty cool:).......although i've nearly always managed to find one bouncer whos sound at every gig......theres one in particular called paul who was doin the black crowes in 99 and hes been at loads of gigs ive gone to in the past and has always been sound......he was at foos, both witnness, pumpkins, pearl jam.....and loads more......

peace&love
    mr crowe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

"and i do go to gigs. probably a **** load more than you bro. " who's cryin now? asshole.

the whole thing was a bit of a joke, i'm only 17 and i managed to get in with a ****ty institute id cos my girlfriend used the same one first before me. the whole staff in the music center are a bit retarded. the mess up was with the management and the bouncers, they've forgotten to tell the bouncers its all ages before and it caused a **** load of trouble that time aswell. all MCD gigs are 16's now anyways...apparently. at least it actually says it on the ticket for therapy? which is gonna be ****in deadly. MCD are assholes aswell though, bet our mates that didnt get in will have a hard time gettin a refund off them greedy bastards.

anyways backyard babies were deadly, saw them at witnness aswell. u dont get atmospheres as good as last night at any other kinda gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

haters, you truly have a knack for talking out of your arse. the security in the point is great, vicar street is pretty good too, whelans is average, but bar none the music centre is THE WORST! theres no arguing with that... i can whine all i want, but you whining about me whining just gets pathetic.

"and i do go to gigs. probably a **** load more than you bro."

that is so so so sad, its like a kid having a "mine is better" arguement. grow up and let me be pissed off. I'm really only pissed off about the backyard babies gig because i am 18 was told the only identification acceptable were the ones you mentioned. But some of the ID that the bouncers were accepting were of poorer quality than mine and in some cases were fake (i had mates get in on fake id's)... so please SHUP! and dont be a prick all your life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

p-t stop moaning :-)

i dunno, the bouncer guys at whelans i like.. one thing that comes to mind was last january @ the phantom closedown, a couple of the bouncers were smoking joints and bopping around the place, no hassle for jumping about either.. last week @ bell x1, one of the bouncers was singing along to slowset..

uh...i only mentioned the going to gigs bit because someone questioned whether or not i go to gigs.
    i'm 21. i'm long since out of the 'collecting tickets' game. i dont care. great how you pick up on that one sentence and ignore the rest.

every single point i made was valid. and no i'm not being a prick - i'm just pointing out the ****in obvious, so stop complaining.
    boo hoo - you missed a band beacuse a bouncer did his job.
    what id did you try to use to get in? maybe they just took a dislike to you....

what does sucks is the 16s thing - you got jipped there. but this wasnt your original point - so dont even try and make out that it was - you didnt even mention the 16s thing in your first post.
    you just cried like a littlye girl.

anyway bro - i guess you'll know in future, and you'll never miss a gig again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah I'll have to agree the TBMC bouncers can be real ****.
    I have a mate, and poor him, is 24, but looks about 16, causes all sorts of hassle. Anyway we get to tbmc, the bouncers give him crap, and he's trying to get into a 16's gig with a passport. Needless to say, 8 of us with a collective WTF?!! convinced the bouncer otherwise, but he still put on the 'you're lucky I let you in' act. Same friend again, gets hassle getting into a small gig where our friend's band was playing, at 11.30 in the morning, and the bar was even closed!!!! :mad: And last one just came back to me - guy who was actually playing there, gets hassle getting in, despite having played there nearly 6 times in the last 3 months. So, yes, those bouncers are ****e. Or else the Manager is a dictating wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jen-Jen

Originally posted by twoheadedcow
    p-t stop moaning :-)

i dunno, the bouncer guys at whelans i like.. one thing that comes to mind was last january @ the phantom closedown, a couple of the bouncers were smoking joints and bopping around the place, no hassle for jumping about either.. last week @ bell x1, one of the bouncers was singing along to slowset..

Yeah! The bouncers at Whelans are sooo sound. I have to admit though that I've found the bouncers at the TBMC really nice as well. I findf if you coax them with fruit pastilles and skittles it does wonders! Sure I've been into a few gigs for free in there using that method!

NOOOO!!! Don't even get me started on bouncer's door policies when it comes to women!!!!! lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Jen-Jen

Ah now, would I use that to my advantage?! never..... My babylons are for private viewing only!

you know damn well all it takes is a fluttering of the eyelids :) My girlfriend gets both of us past the palace (shudder) bouncers every time doing that ;)

...and people who point out the obvious are a pain in the ****in ass.

the bouncers in the tbmc have it harder than anywhere else though... they have to put up with the ****in blast crowd at weekends who have to be the most troublesome of all crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by Jen-Jen
    Yeah! The bouncers at Whelans are sooo sound.

hey! that doesn't sound right at all!!!
    Have they changed the bouncers in whelans or something??
    i remember at the start of the summer they were becoming increasingly rude, surly, unco-operative and just generally mean!! what's happened???? i heard at the time that whelans had just come under new management and they were basically fucking over the staff who in turn were being horrible to customers to try to turn them away.

it worked, as my friends and i have been avoiding it since about june. well, if they have in fact changed back to the sound guys they had before, i'm there!!

(on the good bouncer/bad bouncer conversation, i have generally found the bouncers in bruxelles and to some extent in eamonn dorans to be dead sound!

but the coolest bouncer by far was at the gaiety of all places! there was a 45-minute queue, and all these people came along and tried to push in in front of us and just behind us ahead of our others mates, so, we said to the bouncer that some of our friends were stuck behind some people who pushed in, and he said to point out our friends, and we all got in, and the pushers who came along 5 minutes before weren't allowed in, and he sent them to the back of the 45 minute queue!!!!!! it was great!! the underdog finally gets his day!!!)

heh heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I don't go to the Music Centre often but last summer I was there at a daytime gig I had to go out to meet a friend... and dumbass bouncer wouldnt let me back in...even though I still had my ticket. he said that he had me on camera buying the ticket stub from someone at the side door!!! I mean for fuk's sake!!!! I said , hmmm i'd really love to see this footage and he told me to get lost or he'd call the police. Prick!!! As for id's I nearly always get asked for it and I use my ISIC card..the only place thats dodgy about it is Midnight at the Olympia but I always get in in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Eh....... who cares most gigs in dublin suck........
    your best offf sometimes not bothering your arse and using your money to buy their record instead.

That way maybe the gig venues will feel the pinch and only the artsy fartsy ****ers will hang out at the TBMC.

Is there no illegal way to play gigs? Is anybody rich? heheheeh or have a large loft to use.......

i mean if you could start tiny **** gigs (of course highly illegal insurance wise) it could be a laugh. Eh who cares i personally could'nt be arsed going to most of the gigs coming up.......I'd rather buy some cd's.......

anyway bye

The Hellfire club up the mountains is used for raves every now and again. a few djs bring up all the gear they set it up outside and its very unlikely to be raided by the guards up there. dont see why it wouldnt work for rock gigs aswell.

Advertisement