Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfrapp, cancelled.... why?

Options
  • 04-11-2001 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Jeebus.... why didn't they announce it had been cancelled before everyone turned up at the ambassador?
    Anyone know why they cancelled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Jack Hyland was saying it was cancelled y on heavy traffic, it must have been cancelled that day so it'd be hard for them to get the word around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

A friend of mine works for a "big ticket selling company" and she says Goldfrapp was cancelled because of poor ticket sales.

So, expect MCD to come up with some s hite excuse about stage logistics, or the flu, or a delayed ferry, or September the 11th if they're feeling particularly put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by Brautigan
    A friend of mine works for a "big ticket selling company" and she says Goldfrapp was cancelled because of poor ticket sales.

So, expect MCD to come up with some s hite excuse about stage logistics, or the flu, or a delayed ferry, or September the 11th if they're feeling particularly put out.

Find that hard to believe. They'd a good audience earlier in the year and ticketmaster credit card line were out of their 'allocation of tickets' when I tried to book them yesterday. The day before that they were on sale. The only place I could buy them was at the Ambassador box office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wayne

Hi...

I'm in El Diablo and we were meant to be supporting Goldfrapp.

We were onstage at around 7 ready to soundcheck when word filtered down that she'd just pulled out because of 'tonsilitus'...

So disappointing as this must seem... it wasn't MCD's fault. Goldfrapp had soundchecked and everything, so there was no real indication that anything was goin awry until the word came from above.

Personally very fupping upset cause the Ambassador is such a cool venue... But I did raid a good portion of Goldfrapp's rider and stayed on the stage drinking until the "School Disco' bouncers kicked me out.

Thanks for the info Wayne :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Yeah I heard that story about Goldfrapp soundchecking and then cancelling today.

From NME.COM >>

GOLDFRAPP have postponed their three-night residency due to start at the LONDON SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE this evening (November 5) due to illness.
    The shows are now confirmed to take place on December 3-5, with original tickets valid for the new shows. Tickets for November 5 are now valid for December 3, tickets for November 6 are now valid for December 4 and tickets for November 7 are valid for December 5.

Speaking about the cancellations, vocalist Alison Goldfrapp said: "I'm really very sorry and disappointed to cancel tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday's shows at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Unfortunately on Saturday in Dublin I was diagnosed with tonsillitis and although the doctor said it may clear up by Monday, it hasn't. So under doctor's orders we have had to cancel. We have rescheduled the shows for December and all tickets are valid so I'll see you all there then."

Advertisement