Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake1 matrix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

seen the matrix q2 mod? its on planetquake too i think, looks a lot better and has been out for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

looks pretty good. Matrix mod for quake ehh? mabye they should have called it quatrix like that map for q3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

yeah i saw the q2 matrix .i was just spaming about some quake mods out there now and get some newbes in to quake :)

If u wanted to get ppl into quake wouldm't u be preaching about quake and not quake mods? And also have you ever heard the saying "Don't Preach to the Converted"? think about it.

Ur An EqUiNe NeCrOpHeLiAc

• Advertisement

I just tryiong to point out how meat is posting on the quake boards to try and get ppl to play quake! doesn't make much sense does it! Well it does in a meat sort of way!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

Of the 30 or 40 mods i have played for Quake1 this has to has to be (in the words of the comic store guy from the simpsons) Worst Mod Ever!
    Its totally crap.
    Try the navyseals mod if you want realish guns and such.
    That jump? What does he do......reduce sv_gravity near the end of the jump and increase current momentum?. The bullets?? Changed the speed setting in the pak files for each gun. Added two "new"(have seen them before) gun models. I spose this is a good one for newbies because a newbie would have been able to mod this crap.
    By the way meat this in not an attack on the you...just the mod.
    So don't bite my head off.
    Actually, imagine a newbie who has just the basic install of quake and he goes adding the matrix mod. Finds out how to load mods in quake, goes learning what all the impulse crap is and binding keys and then they eventually load the mod and they see this utter muck. They'll never play quake again :)

wow u really d/l ed it? I didn't think anyone listened to MEAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

:D
    i didn't
    seen it on a friends computer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I gave this a whirl myself. Its not THAT bad. its not my cup-o-tea, but I did have a bit of fun with it..

.. for a few minutes.

• Advertisement

i didn't d/led (lol) i just put up the link on quake boards because i was bored. the coolest mod i played for quake 3 is lost arena. its like the q3 test but with more weapons and maps and the maps are like the ones that didn't came out with the game

Lost arena (which u got off my hard-drive) is good but Rocket Arena 3 is way better!

lost arena is mad fun at sp. but RA owns i kill for game of ra now but my moden STill fcuked

haha i was playing ra3 just last night on some uk server and it was really good. U need to get your modem fixed!

... are kinda smiple, ive played them all (i think) and they are quite inferior to the orginal q3 maps and most custom maps on the net. I also noticed how they use texures and sky boxes from quake 2. I suppose they play well enough but as good as you'd expect from a supposedly full on add on pack. And there is no visible modification to the game code, I noticed that when you use the chainsaw it still shows up as gauntlet in the weapon list.

I dont really think its as good a mod as we all thought it was. And the old rail sound in it is pants.

Lost arena is pretty good nottin spectacular but not as bad as some other mods that shall remain nameless. When u got it first you loved the old rail! switchin sides again ehh?

Advertisement