Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Co - axial question

• 04-11-2001 1:23pm

Are there any digiboxes out there,that have a digital co ax socket for digital connection to an amp?
    I've just upgraded my own amp to one that includes Dolby surround and a DTS decoder-and for a home cinema set up, DVD is streets ahead :)
    While a lot of Sky's programmes have Dolby Surround-most don't!
    You would think that Sky digital boxes would be at the leading edge of Sound technology,but while they are good-They are not as good as they could be, which is disappointing....:(
    mm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The Sony digibox has a Digital Optical Audio Output socket, but at the moment it isn't enabled, but I beleive a software update would enable it; Sky don't broadcast in DTS/5.1 yet, but do run tests every now and again, showing a film, e.t.c.

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The new Sky+ Box also has optical out.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement