Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freespace 1 & 2 Extra Missions

Options
  • 04-11-2001 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

As any of you who own them know, Freespace 1 & 2 come with excellent editing utilities... do you have any idea where I could download some new missions for the games, or have any of you made any? :) I've made a start on my own campaign but it won't be ready for a while yet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

If youre very lucky the forumon th offical website might have some users giving links to downloads of there missions campaigns.go to http://www.freespace2.com the downloads section has multiplayer missions and music downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Ooh I just found http://freespace.volitionwatch.com :)

Anyone got any other links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Its a great joy to say that theyre have been buckets of custom missions and custom campaigns made for Freespace2 , in no small part down to Fred2 , You can get them from any of the major sites but If i could you should really D/L the Twilight core misions . Complete with all manner of new Ships and a lovely new soundtrack ....I actually know the guy who made them , Its a quality download i can assure you.

Thanks Belisarius, I'll keep that in mind! :)
    Have you ever had a go at making any missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Good place I use is http://archives.volitionwatch.com/
    Plenty of missions with reviews aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Brilliant, time to dust off my joystick and try and remember all the keys!

has anyone ever played it on-line?

i've only played the single player campaigns but thought they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is it just me or are all the sites linked to above, except for freespace2.com, gone????

is there anywhere esle i can down load the extra missions, particularly the Twilight core misions ?

Wow - I got an email saying someone had replied to this thread, while I was under the impression that it was 6 months dead :)

I'll try and dig up my old list of links and see what I can point you to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Here's a strange one.... I got myself last summer a p4 1.7 ghz, 640rdram & a geforce3 card (a fairly decent setup me thinks)
    now I used to play freespace 2 all the time on my p200mmx with a voodoo2 card, but for some reason it runs faster on the p200 instead of the p4, i thought it was the drivers on the geforce 3 but I've got the latest drivers & it still doesn't make a difference has anyone else expercied this or know how to get around it.

Please help cause I really love this game ( bought a ms force feedback 2 joystick especially for it)

Strange :/ Yep, it is a decent set up to say the least... I play on a P3 866mhz with an ATi Radeon 32mb SDR with 128mb SD133 RAM... it runs the game fine on high detail.

All I can think of is that maybe you're using anti-aliasing - I'd recommend you turn this off since it kills framerate, even with the GeForce 3. Just a guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement