Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ive kept my mouth shut for too long

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I would say "pink name" offenders. Anyone who's been naughty gets thier nick on the left turning pink which means that if they keep it up they are in trubble.

fantastic idea
    only problem would be that too many ppl would end up "pinked"
    how about flashing pink - with "i'm an annoying loser" enforced as their sig's?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well I just thought I'd share some of the very few idea's I had, despite how far fetched...

It seems that banging our heads together here isn't accomplishing much, but it seems to have narrowed down to...

+More Moderators for the CS Board...
    +Possible Sticky Warning and / or new list of rules...
    +Both...
    +Neither...

That is if anything is to be done...
    Now that I think of it Shinji is right in saying it's not a something HAS to be done situation, but the fact of the matter is if things like this are allowed to happen continuously, then it'll reach a point were the board can't be restored to a respectable level (Which I don't think will happen anyway...) so tighten things up just a slight little bit... But how are we going to do it!?

We need the powers that be to give us some insight...

Hear our plee Cloud / DeVore, thou must give us guidance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Well surely if DeV/Cloud/whoever appointed Meglome as a third mod they felt there was a need for another set of eyes reading the CS boards.

Seeing as the community is supposedly growing on a constant basis, I cant really see how now there would be less of a need for that third person moderating.

I dont really see what all the discussion is about tbh...it seems obvious to me that all that needs to be done is to replace inactivity with activity.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

The issue here is that anyone with half a brain can acknowledge the fact that the CS Board is by far the most abused board, holds the boards.ie record for containing the most muppetry, and is most definately giving birth to brainless little turds who have the magical ability to fester threads with utterly sad, flaming **** that no one can stand...

(Did I describe that right, or did I go a little too soft on the turds!?)

Anyway It's a simple discussion in regards to possibly countering this sadness, yet I don't think we'll come across a logical one without taking something to the extreme ie. ammount of Moderators etc...

Shad, please explain the Activity / Inactivity theory!? Im a little confused at the moment, quite a lot of downloaders here in the cafe are sucking up my brain cells...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

I know this aint on the topic but I feel the man needs to know Shadow some one broke your links on your web site none of them work...... Just tought u needed to know :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

/me whacks crash with some sort of trout
    try e-mail :p

its seems fairly straight forward, you replace an inactive mod with an active one, ie, since meg dosnt seem to be around these daysreplace him with someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    The issue here is that anyone with half a brain can acknowledge the fact that the CS Board is by far the most abused board, holds the boards.ie record for containing the most muppetry, and is most definately giving birth to brainless little turds who have the magical ability to fester threads with utterly sad, flaming **** that no one can stand...

hehe, thanks for that wonderful description. What about going to a Moderate Every Post board for a while? A' course then you need to deal with the next problem...

... which is [one of] the current mods:
    Originally posted by RopeDrink

Shad, please explain the Activity / Inactivity theory!?

I think he means a certain moderator is Inactive (or not moderating if you need it spelled out).

Anyways that mod every post switch might be a good thing to toggle if you had proper mods.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Just saw this thread now...

It is true that I haven't been posting as much over the last while but I have been reading most of the posts and have closed a few while I was at it. I am pretty busy at the mo so I won't be spending my day hanging round the CS board. (Bad enough seeing you all around DNC :))
    The problem I find with the CS board is that because most of the people who post physically know each other it leads to a lot more off topic stuff than you will get on most other boards. I really don't know what you can do about this but clamping down hard on any of the nasty stuff would be a very good start. We're fairly used to the off topic stuff generally on the CS board but no one wants to see some of the posts that have popped up over the last while. Although it seems to be the same people who get really out of line so maybe it can be easily fixed.

I’d like to stick with the moderator job, I have my swanky new PC at home to use now too so I will be around a lot more. If it were felt that someone else should take over the reigns, fine by me I certainly wouldn’t take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

WELCOME BACK YOU SLACKER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Originally posted by nesf

Am shinji, I use IE, when I don't have access at college, or at weekends. I'd appreciate a little thought before calling for a ban on the place. Not everyone who uses the comps in the place is a muppet...

I figure it's worth it, to lose Dino. Bye bye cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

So other than nesf once in a blue moon, is there anyone else who isn't a suppurating pustule on the buttocks of humanity who uses IE in Cork? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Shinji
    So other than nesf once in a blue moon, is there anyone else who isn't a suppurating pustule on the buttocks of humanity who uses IE in Cork? :)

well, theyre all boils on the botom of humanity in cork, along with the rest of the culties, so i reckon it doesnt really matter.
    in fact, i reckon wed be better of cutting of the rest of the country, and shipping it out into the atlantic and changin them into a different race.
    and take the north with you.
    2 albatros' with one stone there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Ok then before we get too far off topic... i'll be keeping my job then and basically treating you like the bitches you are. You SHALL feel the whip…

Incidentally my girlfriend is from Cork but as she is unlikely to see this... BAN CORK NOW :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by meglome
    BAN CORK NOW :)

Thats the spirit!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has been over taken by events on the CS board.

Moderators have been given the right to ban offenders.

In the morning I might be more calm ...or I might replace all the moderators with MP, Bubbles, Amp and WWMan.

You have been warned... I'm only part joking.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

DeVore lays the smackdown!!!

How come you're on so late DeV???

and did you know that how come is not even a proper question, I didn't until I started talking to Italians and Spanish, and just in case you're wondering the proper way to ask how come is why.

Sorry about that spammage, just kind of came out. Strange that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Tom,

Im kinda glad that you seen those sh1t posts, this is what Im talking about. You know how gut churning I felt when I saw them again. Ive seen those posts and unable to do jack didly squad about them.

Oh, giving the mods ban power?!

This will not solve the problem and it will return to the back to the same muppetry as before once this has died down.

Well if you read his post on the cs board you will see how super annoyed he was, and that also he plans to close down the cs board if the muppetry persists. and if the muppets start to spread it will mean widespread bannings, so hopefully it wont be too long before the muppetry stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I missed the aforementioned muppetry on the cs boards over the past few nights, what exactly was it?
    Before i saw Dev on IRC i actually thought this thread was just an overreaction to one particular thread (the early morning at cork lan one), but obviously theres more sinister things being posted.
    shedding of light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Yeah after seeing dev's post on the cs board im just wondering what got him so angry? it had to be something to do with that thread that got deleted. Can someone fill in the people who sleep during the night and didnt see what happened

• Advertisement

That board needs a serious Justice injection, and I think Dev's made a great start... Still, though, if that board happens to get removed from the system I, for one, wont miss it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

1) no banning of IE in cork from boards.

how bout the person that uses boards from IE, that does not post in CS, and is then by effect banned for something someone else did....like me :)

2) i would go with the pink [other other girly color] tag, plus perhaps a special avatar to go with it ;)

3) if indeed cs board is deleted altogether, will they muppets then just be let loose onto the rest of boards, tryin to get their muppet fix ?

4) i propose identifying the worst of em and restricting them to just one board. maybe call it CS for effect, but if possible ban them from rest of site except for CS, then their thirst may be satisfied and leave the rest of us alon

feel proud muppets, you are soon gettin THE MUPPET FORUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That sounds like the ill-fated trolls board of old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

In my opinion, I think if you remove the post count displaying altogether then it might help solve the problem. The muppets want to get a high post count, to hide the fact they have no dick or something, and would reply with loads of small, meaningless crap posts just to pump the count up.

I'm being using the boards since the start (jesus, thats a few years now!) and my post count is just over 1100 in that period. It baffles me to see some CS muppet who registered in MAY OF THIS YEAR with a post count over over 1000!

Thats alot of Spam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by bubbles
    It baffles me to see some CS muppet who registered in MAY OF THIS YEAR with a post count over over 1000!

Stands to attention.

Well maybe without the CS qualification but i meet all other criteria i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by DeVore
    This thread has been over taken by events on the CS board.

Moderators have been given the right to ban offenders.

In the morning I might be more calm ...or I might replace all the moderators with MP, Bubbles, Amp and WWMan.

You have been warned... I'm only part joking.

DeV.

don't forget Zero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I agree with bubbles. I dont see any benefit to having the users post count displayed. All I can see it doing is encouraging nobs to spam to get their post count up, due to the strange belief this makes them cooler.
    The only use I have for it, is to compare the number of posts they have and their registration date. Its got a pretty good correlation between high posts in a short time, and absolute ****wit.
    quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Yeah I’d have to agree getting rid of the post count would definitely put an end to a lot of the muppetry.

Right,

This problem hasn't gone away. Even since I posted this, Dev himself was 'dragged from the pub' to handle disgracefull posts. Yes, there has been a die down, but its only a temporary thing.

So whats going to happen Admins?

Are ye gonna do a poll?
    Are you gonna get some new moderators?
    Are you gonna let it go.. till the next time ?
    Are you gonna do something really drastic like.. make the bad people's names go hightlighted in pink! ooh scarey.

Cmon guys. Stand up, be counted and do something please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    This problem hasn't gone away.

Bloody right it hasn't. It's being going on for quite some time in fact... started with that crowd of muppets on the quake board I reckon...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8396&goto=nextoldest

Al.

[edit] btw, notice that we have EWJ to blame for the censor ;) [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well if the Mods have the ability to Temp Ban someone then this should be enacted straight away. If this doesn't work 12 Click them and if we still have muppetry in general in the CS board, remove it.

Gandalf.

Now hang on here just a moment.

For a start Eric, the posts that Tom was referring to there were the ones which caused him to enable localised bans from the CS board, so frankly we haven't had a chance to see whether that works or not yet.

While I don't object to the idea of more moderators on the board at all, I do know that a number of the people who have been jumping up and down and proposing themselves as candidates to do it (and not necessarily on this thread) are absolutely unsuited to doing it. Most of the people most suited to doing it, in fact, are wise enough not to WANT to...

The other thing worth mentioning is that you could have all the moderators you want, there's still NOTHING that can be done about posts at all hours of the morning and night. You're just not going to get moderators who can fix stuff at ridiculous hours. The best we can do is delete stuff when it shows up and now, ban the user responsible immediately.

As for asking people to "stand up, be counted and do something", what the hell do you WANT people to do? Would you care to explain what exactly CAN be done other than having the moderators crack down on everything off-topic and inflammatory, which, may I add, is already being done - with rather decent effects so far.

There's NOTHING you can do to solve this overnight, and no amount of foot-stamping is going to change that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

One of the lads in trinity put up a dodgy post, u better ban tcd.ie aswell. think I saw podgeen insulting someone as well, better ban ul.ie too.
    dont be stupid shinji, you can't go banning domains. Anyone should be able to log onto these boards from anywhere, its the whole idea of them.

Originally posted by Shinji:
    Now hang on here just a moment.

For a start Eric, the posts that Tom was referring to there were the ones which caused him to enable localised bans from the CS board, so frankly we haven't had a chance to see whether that works or not yet.

While I don't object to the idea of more moderators on the board at all, I do know that a number of the people who have been jumping up and down and proposing themselves as candidates to do it (and not
    necessarily on this thread) are absolutely unsuited to doing it. Most of the people most suited to doing it, in fact, are wise enough not to WANT to...

The other thing worth mentioning is that you could have all the moderators you want, there's still NOTHING that can be done about posts at all hours of the morning and night. You're just not going to get
    moderators who can fix stuff at ridiculous hours. The best we can do is delete stuff when it shows up and now, ban the user responsible immediately.

As for asking people to "stand up, be counted and do something", what the hell do you WANT people to do? Would you care to explain what exactly CAN be done other than having the moderators crack down on
    everything off-topic and inflammatory, which, may I add, is already being done - with rather decent effects so far.

There's NOTHING you can do to solve this overnight, and no amount of foot-stamping is going to change that fact.

I would like to know what you mean by some people are not suited to doing the moderators job, I know I put myself forward on the CS board and mainly because most of the time I am online is all hours in the morning. Now if you mean me I don't care I really don't but I was thinking after I put my name forward and the more I thought of this the more it made sense to me.

What if we let an arbitrary mod loose in there, and by that I mean someone who does not frequent the forum someone who doesn't know any/many of the people there and tell him that he has to delete any muppetry, now by that I mean that this new mod does not have to wait until he gets to know the different posters style of posting, whether they are joking or not, just be completely fascist (Disclaimer: may not be used correctly) and delete anything that they think is muppety, no history of posters == no bias. I don't know if anyone will agree with this but I think that it has a better chance of working than anything else or at least I think it will work faster. It is extreme but as DeV said this is a privilege not a right and when you abuse any privilege it usually gets removed (unless you're a politician), so start removing them privileges.

Just my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Can someone check Zeros IP there and ban whatever domain he was on.

;)

.logic.

Dev/Cloud,

just make MP a mod on the CS boards. blah.

I posted this original thread nearly two weeks ago.

I'm entitled to a little Foot-stamping if I am subjected to images of naked grannies getting phucked in the ass on the CS forums.
    I enjoy reading the CS forumns too and I can't quite ever remember seeing anything as disturbing since that time bubbles did naked picks of devore..... anyway :)

Okay, calm. I must admit, I forgot about the new ban ability that the mods have. That may help alot. However, I'm sure most people, including the CS regulars will agree, it needs a little more managment in the shape of more admins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think we should move Zero's moderator status from Quake to CS and then we can all have a bet to see how long it takes before Z snaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Hobbes
    move Zero's moderator status from Quake to CS and then we can all have a bet to see how long it takes before Z snaps.

Well, Daz was our Zero and it took a year or so for him to crack :)

• Advertisement

no bother hobbes.
    dev i dare u

I would like to know what you mean by some people are not suited to doing the moderators job

I wasn't referring to you at all Baz - I've just seen a few people jumping up and down and shouting about wanting to moderate who I really don't think are trustworthy in any kind of position of power. You know what I mean - there's a difference between deleting muppetry, and editing someone's post "for the laugh" or what have you.

Eric - don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the whole issue of the granny porn and all the other fúcking shít that's ended up on the CS board from time to time. I just think it's worth waiting to see if a bit of zero-tolerance and banning of idiots does the business before shouting about more drastic measures, that's all.

Originally posted by Shinji

I wasn't referring to you at all Baz - I've just seen a few people jumping up and down and shouting about wanting to moderate who I really don't think are trustworthy in any kind of position of power. You know what I mean - there's a difference between deleting muppetry, and editing someone's post "for the laugh" or what have you.

I completely agree with that, and I didn't take it personally at all but I think as I said already that it might be a good idea to give an extra mod position to someone who has no bias's in the CS board, not campaigning or anything, but the more I think of it the better an idea it becomes, somebody comes in and just deletes everything thats even slightly muppety because he doesn't care who posted it, or what humour they were in after mr x[1] was caught cheating, just of content and a warning to post reasonable responses.

Glad to see you calmed down though, amuch cooler tone from the last post.

Baz_

[1] Disclaimer: I sincerely apologise to anyone who might be registered as mr x, and I did not mean to infer that you cheat at, or even play, CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

To be perfectly honest, I don't think it has much to do with the number of moderators present on a board. Ok, with more eyes scanning the forum, distateful posts may be dealt with *slightly* faster, but that shouldn't be the sort of action we propose. Rather, let's try to stop people doing it in the first place- moderators shouldn't have to be ninjas on the keyboard deleting sick threads, there shouldn't be sick threads being started at all. What do I propose? A deterrent. Anyone who posts that sort of sick trash has their IP banned from the CS board for a month. If a netcafe was involved, they should be contacted directly, warned, then banned. And I agree with Shinji- cork.ie needs at the very least, a slap on the wrists, and at most, a timed ban. A lot of hard work goes into these boards from the administrators, and this kind of trash isn't really what the boards were meant to be used for, they certainly shouldn't have to put up with consistent **** 'ing from cork.ie Seriously, any establishment that condones that sort of idiotic behavior on a seemingly regular basis needs to sort itself out and get a clue.

In conclusion- more moderators simply seems to me to be giving into the problem rather than tackling it- a hard set of rules regarding fixed-duration and permanent bans needs to be drawn up for the CS board. I'll lend a hand with writing that up if anyone wants, but I seriously don't want any part of moderating this board. I'm quite happy as things are, with the nice (inactive) Science board :) If anything, I'll grovel to the admins for a moderatorship in SciFi/Fantasy, but that's for later :P

I agree that several who have proposed themselves (especially on other threads) for a possible mod position seem unsuitable for the job. Besides which, who'd *want* a job which mainly involved deleting pr0n/muppettry? Wait, don't answer that.

Occy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

after reading this thread, i agree with Bob the Unlucky Octopus. more mods certainly would help in the short term, but this is a long term problem.

i hope the timed bans and then complete bans will help, though i do feel something more drastic may have to be done (such as closing the board??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Muppets. will be ever be free of them? They seem to cling to boards.ie like fluff to a dropped choc-ice.

I think MP has a point, there are far too many muppets roaming around the CS boards, seemingly free to act the tosser as they please.

Alot of useful ideas have been passed around this thread on how to combat this situation, and it's becoming clear that there is a short term plan, and a longer term plan needed.

Short Term Plan.

Mods, lots of mods. As long as each one is sensible, and understands what has to be done, then the more the merrier. I think somewhere in the 6 to 8 region would be good.

Some of the best muppet hunters are ex-muppets who have seen the light. So I'd say that Zero, MP and 2 or 3 others of that ilk would be ideal. (weh weh weh). Seriously, you couldn't go wrong with more mods, it could do no harm, and you could always cull them if it wasn't working out. More eyes watching the boards will improve response time in deleting and locking material that is solely meant to cause offense.

Stopping that stuff from being posted in the first place requires some longer term planning.

Why do muppets post crap all over the CS boards?

* To increase post count.
    * To gain attention.
    * Because they can.

How do you stop them?

Getting rid of the post count has many merits. It cuts out the activity of spaming every thread needlessly just to get to the magic 1000 post target. It stops the competition between spammers for highest count. It makes WWM and Hobbes cry, but we can live with that. :)

What about lengthening the time that must elapse between consecutive posts? Make it 2 or 3 minutes and it would stop this IRC chat type posting. Muppets have very short attention spans, they'll soon get bored waiting.

We could have a "probation" period on new accounts. Any account starts off with stripped down privelages, (mabe a choice of only 2 or 3 avatars), no image signature, and a restricted post count per day. After probation, the account gains all the standard privelages. This eases new members into the boards.ie way of life, and stops people jumping off at the deep end on day two. A little harsh? Maybe, but certainly worth entertaining as a thought.

Muppets can't say "look at me! look at me! I'm kewl!" if their account has been removed, and all their posts locked and deleted. If they want to come back under another nick, and behave, then they are let. Clean slate. They can call themselves walt0r, and act nice, and all will be forgiven. :) This has worked before, and should be considered.

But what about "Because they can."? How do you deter a would be muppet from turning over to the dark side?

Here's where strong action is needed. You take current offenders, and make examples of them. This will serve to act as a warning to others. Temporary bans, permanant ones, censures, and thread locks need to be handed out where required. No hesitiation, no mercy. A productive, postive contributor has nothing to worry about, but a muppet does.

Kicks and Bans on IRC solve all muppet problems in a channel. Try to use the same ideas here.

Establish ground rules as to what is and is not allowed, and come down heavily on those who persist in breaking them. Bob our unfortunate eight armed friend was bang on here. No rules, no order.

• Advertisement

I never asked to be a moderator for any board, I just made it quite clear if any extra hands were needed, I was avaliable.

I had to lock a thread on the Game Editing Board were someone (Nice bloke, great mapper etc) asked if it were possible to become a moderator on the Board, were we clearly didn't need an extra one seeing as, unlike the infamous CS Boards, it's actually nice, polite, and quite... But then again, the thread did begin to spiral towards muppetry...
    Ironic, is it not?

My point!? Don't ask to be a moderator...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I agree that a lot of muppetry is caused by new users trying to get to 1000 posts and get an extra star under their avatar.

I think changing the left side of posts (the bit with the user name, avatar, post count, user type/level, and stars) would be a good idea.

The post count should be removed and the stars and user level should not be changed when you get a certain number of posts.

I think that Mods and Admins should be allowed to "promote" a user to the next level and give them another star (3 stars still being the max. for a normal user). They should also have the ability to take a user down a level and remove stars. This would be a bit like the old Karma system.

Perhaps there could be a special user level for muppets. They could have their avatar and all stars taken away and have the user level "Muppet" under their name.

Some of these ideas might sound a bit stupid and I'm struggling to explain them but I do definately believe that post-count should be removed and that the number of stars a user has should not rely on their post-count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I don’t play CS nor read the CS board but IMHO its quite simple...

You want 2 maybe even 3 ppl who read the CS boards and who are reliable (which prolly means more person - someone who has been around for ages I would say)

And what you want to do is get quite harsh for a while and stamp down on rubbish totally, then the muppets will move on to other boards or maybe even stop. heh it worked on Daa on IRC after a while :)

I’m not suggesting him at all, but CT has done that on his board and the amount of spam has gone thru the floor as far as I can see. On another board I use at www.sigames.com they have a warning system, where you can get a warning and then a temp ban from posting for a week or a month or several months and then you are totally banned. These bans are totally at the discretion of the mod's and it’s a great system that really works. You ‘status’ also gets displayed just under your nick for everyone to see.

Yes I know u can recreate a new nick or change IP, but you have to be seen to be doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭[CAS]Dino

I really apologise for the muppetry that came from ie here in cork from the all nighter. I would of appolgised earlier but never seen this thread. Well nothing much to say only that what we did was discusting and immature, and not acceptable by any means no excuses. The thread got away outa hand the minute fox posted the first image up. First he showed it to every 1 then most ppl taught it was ok to post there own images cause he did.

No need to ban the ip addresses a good few others in cork use it and there not muppets, il stop the bs thats coming from ie atm and including myself. What started out as a joke from our point of view, we are know realising how much muppets we are infesting the boards with negative replys. Its to be honest y they are muppets is that other ppl are not welcoming them into the cumminty from day 1, and always think they are higer than ppl, always looking down on them with smart replys. IRISH CS CUMMINTY is a joke. The way ppl treat each other is unbelievable, full of jealus twats.

Like look at icemans topic, he even says it himself, he bassically asked ppl that are known to be l337 at cs for some advice, and what did he get back, f*ck all. Its the way ppl look down on other ppl is sickening, its worst than all those images we posted.

Yeah there used to be a lot of that on the Quake boards, I think it's largely to blame (apart from CS) for the number of Irish Quake players depleting like it did. People used to come on asking questions and stuff and all the comic shop owners used to jump on them straight away. PeeWee was one example of a person who ended up being looked on as a spamming muppet coming on abusing everyone but when we looked back through the posts the first one he posted was actually a genuine question that got followed by pure bullsh1t.
    What you are saying is a bit offtopic for this particular thread but its a very valid point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement