Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Pie killed my computer!

• 13-05-2000 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Too much pausing at that bit where Shannon Elizabeth gets her tits out has probably caused yer computer to blow a gasket somewhere smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

its true you know.

I have a region 1 copy of the disk and it was working fine up until a couple of days ago; when I put it in the drive now (without even loading the dvd player) the system bluescreens with a fatal exception at 0028:C1473ED5, every single time.

Its not the region settings because I play other R1 disks without a hitch. Is there any way of ascertaining what the above error code means?, I presume its some hexidecimal memory address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What's your o/s and the exact error message. Is it a fatal exception 0E? 0D? etc. etc.

If it's win98 then try disabling auto-run on the cd drive (ctrl-panel->system->device manager->dvd drive properties->auto-insert notification) and see if the problem still happens after putting the disk in the drive. That'll tell you if windows is having a problem reading the disk or if it's a prob with your player s/w.

If it turns out it's a fupped up windows component then you may have to use the tried and trusted "format disk and re-install windows manouver" But try uninstalling the dvd player and re-installing it first. It may install vxd files that windows loads on boot.

Or try a different player.

P.s The ports on the back of your PC are for peripherals (spot the subliminal advertising wink.gif) not for hot lovin' smile.gif

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Yeah I thought it might be that PC friendly sh1t that comes with a lot of disks nowadays.

Not so. I disabled autorun but it still bluescreens when I access the disk. This is really strange because it only happened in the last 2 weeks and other Region 1 disks work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

What scan rate are you using ?
    I had a copied DVD for a while and was using xing DVD player and decided to mess with the options , set the scan to 8x and the DVD spun for about 10 seconds when it loaded and i got the same error.
    Set the scan back to 2 and everything was grand.
    Other than that , what player are you using and are you software or hardware encoded ?
    I read somewhere ( so dont quote me on this cos it could be pure cr4p ) that some DVD players with fairly powerful reading lasers basically miss the info completely , like when you put a copied CD thats dirt cheap and see thru and the CD player just reads clean thru it and crashes.

Ah its ok it works grand now.

Which is strange because I did absoloutly nothing smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement