Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help with my webbie plz

Options
  • 05-11-2001 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Ok i did a Menu at first it worked in both internet explorer and netscape but now wont work so here is..

menu.htm
    <html>

<head>

</head>

<body bgcolor="#686868">
    <br>
    <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
    <table>
    <tr>
        <td bgcolor="#233141">&nbsp;<font face=arial size=2 color=white><b>Counter-Strike</b></font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b background="">&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class=nav href="Counter-Strike.html" TARGET="main">Main Page</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background="">&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class=nav href="AboutCS.html"  TARGET="main">About CS</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background="">&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class=nav href="CSMaps.html"  TARGET="main">The CS Maps</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background="">&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class=nav href="arsenal.html"  TARGET="main">The CS Arsenal</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <tr>
        <td bgcolor="#233141">&nbsp;<font face=arial size=2 color=white><b>By John Griffin</b></font></td>
    </tr>

</html>

index.htm
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

<frameset cols="137,*" scrolling="no" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0"> 
      <frame name="menu" src="menu.htm" scrolling="no">
      <frame name="main" src="main.htm">
    </frameset>
    </html>

any ideas?
    plz i am really stuck on this. i know that in netscape it wont change color but i can live with that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

What's your definition of working? What do you want it to do?

The td BG colours are changing on mouseover in both IE5.5 and Netscape6.

I don't know why you're calling classes as you haven't linked to or defined any anywhere?!

Also, non-web safe colours? Tsk, tsk...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i dont see the need to make the backgrounds color rollover. only works in recent browsers and static links work just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Not true. A visual aid to help you know when you're over a navigational element - how is that a bad thing? Sure, it's not difficult usually to know if something is a link, but making the web easier to use is not a bad thing.

In addition, CSS won't screw you around if you're looking at it with an older browser. Things will simply appear without the intended formatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

fair enough beaver.

Presto: 'working' code...
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#686868">
    <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

<table>

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="#233141">
    <font face=arial size=2 color=white><b>Counter-Strike</b></font>
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background=""> <font face=arial size=2> <a href="Counter-Strike.html" TARGET="main">Main Page</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background=""> <font face=arial size=2> <a href="AboutCS.html" TARGET="main">About CS</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background=""> <font face=arial size=2> <a href="CSMaps.html" TARGET="main">The CS Maps</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
        <td bgcolor=#9b9b9b onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#b0b0b0';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#9b9b9b';" background=""> <font face=arial size=2> <a href="arsenal.html" TARGET="main">The CS Arsenal</a></td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="#233141"> <font face=arial size=2 color=white><b>By John Griffin</b></font></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

Advertisement