Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring ISDN

Options
  • 05-11-2001 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Howayas

I've had ISDN for nearly a year now, got the eircom webflyer budget job. When I first tried to set it up I couldn't get the 128 access to work, got on to eircom about it and the muppets didn't have a flying fúck how to help me so I just left it. On Friday I got back to them and somehow the tits helped me connect to 128 but now I can't get 64 anymore :(

Just wondering is anyone else setup with webflyer here? need to know about the 1st SPID number for the PnP modem and how to configure it. Also I can't get much better than around 10/11k downloading which is muck but I put that down to a combination of eircom's 'great' service and the cheapy modem.

Thanks for any help :)

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its been a while, but you basicly need to go into the configure part of your Control Panel.

If Eircom talked you through it last week, you should do very similar steps except you select one half instead of both.I know this doesn't help very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Remember connecting at 128k access with eircom is notoriously unreliable.
    connecting with oceanfree/utv etc is usually first time for 128k access.
    btw that 'webflyer' modem is a piece of crap !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

right im not totall sure what u mean but ill say my thoughts ;)

1) i take it u cant just drop the number
    2) cant u just go to he dialup properties and drop one of the additional devices so it will only use 1 to connect.

again thats how it works on my eicon diva not sure how it works on ur one.

all the ebst

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I was using eircoms' online chatroom support thing earlier - you can talk to the 'techies' in a small active x chat client . needless to say they didn't have a flying f again but it was funny cos you get to see the bs they spew written down.

..before they disconnect you abruptly

nah, I'm just gonna get a better modem.. I've wasted my time with this one enough ;)

B-K you say you have an Eicon? what isp / pings / speeds do you get? givus the suss if it's no hassle :)

thanks again,
    g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Hi All

I have a isdn line now for nearly a year , been runing it at 64 on one line now. does anyone know how to blend the two lines as utv give you the option of runing at 128 its a web flyer adapter any time i ring any help line they dont know either LoL even the big telecom who installed the line
    any help is needed
    :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement