Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger / Weblog

Options
  • 05-11-2001 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

afaik esat/iol do not support SSI. however it was a while ago when i asked, so maybe things have changed?

excuse my ignorance, but what are the special things you need to make a weblog? why aren't they just the same as normal pages??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

A blog needs to access the filesystem/database on the server. You'll also need permission to excute CGI scripts.

It's similar to the difference between these boards and one that was coded by hand.

Oh and daveirl, I'm pretty sure you could include it inside a frame...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

AFAIK, Blogger works by logging into your account via FTP and unploading your blog. Seems like the simplest solution to me.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I know of blogger but I wanted the weblog to be part of my main page so SSI seemed like a good solution.

Well, the only way to find out is to try it, but I would be very surprised if they did.

Frames, didn't really want to use them but fair enough. How would i put a frame in the middle of a page though? Code anybody??

You use IFRAME. However, IFRAME was originally created by Microsoft instead of ILAYER, and only recently became part of a W3C recommendation. That means it's not supported in older non-MSIE browsers, which means you really have to use both for backwards compatibility:

<LAYER NAME="foo" SRC=foo.html>
    <IFRAME ID="foo" SRC=foo.html></IFRAME>
    </LAYER>

Have a read here for some code and information. If you need more, fire up Google.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

i frame does work in NN6+ BTW

(whoever the hell uses NN6+ ????)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I use Mozilla the odd time, mostly for testing but it's not a bad browser in terms of compatibility. Just a little slow.
    The new tabs and <link> features are pretty cool.

Advertisement