Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom Gba

Options
  • 05-11-2001 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

when is doom coming out for the GBA?. i was in the id's web site and they didn't say when its coming out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

think its out 2-3 weeks before christmas,not sure.
    Looks brilliant tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Its out before the end of the month, Friday week if I remember correctly

I'm thinking of holding out for Ecks Vs Sever though, there's been some negative rumblings regarding Doom of framrate issues and dodgy sounds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Doom framerate is perfectly fine. Doom sounds are perfectly fine. I've not had a bother with anything - it's a pretty damn perfect port actually. Could do with being a bit brighter though, I haven't had lighting problems like this since Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

Ecks V Sever is a more polished game and deserves to be in your collection, but Doom is, well, Doom. Has to be done, like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Excuse me while I kill Shinji, fashion a latix costume, and imposter my way into his job.

BASTÁRDO! I KEEL U!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Speaking of castlelvania , shinji, did u complete it? Can u tell me how to beat the 'Two dragons boss'?Its the one where two dragons are on either side of the screen breathing fire on you and making rocks drop from the ceiling.
    i dunno what its called but its fúcking impossible and ive been stuck on it for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I look forward to owning all in Doom once again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Doom is excellent. spent a few hours playing it last night.
    thought at first it was slow and clunky, then I turned "always run" on :)
    You can adjust the brightness too, that helps. The sounds are perfect, it's very like playing on the pc. I like it a lot.

re castlevania, get the boomerang crucifix thing. it'll slaughter the dragons sharpish, oh and only hit the one head at a time, the other one regenerates after you top the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

thanks for the castlevania tip m8 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kilroy

Doom ...... Hmmmm
    A brilliant game 6 years ago and probably not a bad one now but come on which would you prefer a game over 6 years old on a four inch screen with limited sound quality or Max Payne (or any other new game) on a full sized monitor with it's lush gaphics and brilliant sound, Both cost the same.

I admit the novelty of playing Doom on a Gameboy must be brilliant and don't get me wrong I love Doom but I still think that It would be money better spent to go out and buy a new PC game, But that depnds on system spec.

Have your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You miss the whole point of portable gaming so - ie. that its portable. Max Payne is all well and good (if a little short) but I'd like to see you cart a PC onto the bus with you. And after playing Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo Revival Edition (that's for the GBA), its amazing to see how little games have actually progressed, a part from graphics and gimicks.

And lets face it, deathmatch doom is pretty damn good, even without novelty value. :)

In fact, the GBA is throwing up more original ideas than most other systems. Due to the limited hardware, developers are forced to produce great playing games - they can't use 16 million lens flares to sell a game. Games like Advance Wars are pretty damn funky, and would stillbe pretty darn funky if it appeared on the PS2. Novelty only accounts for so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

id's GBA DOOM WEBSITE with some sreenshots and avi moive N1

http://www.activision.com/games/doom/main.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah good old DOOM :D
    Weee!!! Happy times are here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

portable is the key issue here.
    I've tested the issue at length on the cork-dublin train.
    playing max payne is difficult, there's just not enough room for my laptop and the mouse and the guy beside you always wants more elbow room ......
    If we tried to play a network game I imagine we'd get lynched for taking up all the room.
    We can, however, play network games using our GBAs on the train and noone is bothered. GBAs rule.
    Now if only I could watch a dvd on it I'd ditch my laptop.

Advertisement