Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeVore on Bachelors Walk.

• 05-11-2001 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see the dispairing DeVore character on the tele tonight. It was quite amusing in my opinion and i instantly thought of our great leader on boards.

My question is this~:

is his representation on Bachelors Walk true or is it what he espires to be in life?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was waiting for someone to bring this up :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not the same thing at all :)

I've been "DeVore" for 12 years, it comes from the book Chung Quo (great book).

I think that character is Davore.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

I think the character's name is spelt "Davor". And his surname is "Prosinecki". And he's Croatian - the joke being that his name is a combination of the names of two of Croatia's most famous footballers - Davor Suker and Robert Prosinecki.
    That's modern popular culture for you, in all it's shallowness, "How to represent the quintessence of an individual of a certain nation? I know we'll name him after his country's most famous footballers!" But it's funny! And perhaps on television in Croatia they've got a hip new urban drama set in Zagreb with an itinerant alcoholic Irish writer named Roy Irwin!

Advertisement