Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircell SMS via modem

Options
  • 06-11-2001 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone got a number that I can call with an ordinary PSTN modem and then use a terminal program to send an SMS to an Eircell phone. I can do it via Vodafone in the UK, but I was wondering is there an Irish number I can use to reduce phone costs?

Regards,

PhillySteak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Eircell: 087 699989
    Esat: 086 8002000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PhillySteak

Thanks, but the Eircell number seems to have an incorrect number of digits; also the Digifone number says that it's not in service when I ring it with an ordinary land-line phone.
    To clarify, what I'm trying to do is to phone a number with an ordinary fixed line pstn modem and then type in commands to send an SMS to a particular user. So, when I call this number, a modem will answer, my modem will connect, and things like <Enter Subscriber Number> and <Enter message> will appear.

Regards,

PhillySteak

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

that is the sms-c number for eircel any way!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

To do that you would have to dial into an eircell server and send sms's through either a paging system or their internal sms system. Dont fancy your chances but ring the Eircell
    PC support anyway and ask them. All they can say is fupp off.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

A wee proggie called SmartSMS will sort you, just search google for it.. you'll get the patch for it on astalavista.box.sk... basically it dials through yer modem to public sms dialup servers in europe, only costs a few pence per message :) rock on..

• Advertisement
Advertisement