Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 98 installation problems

• 06-11-2001 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I had to re-install my 98OS over the weekend and it is now all okay except for one thing. It claims that a file, "msnp32.dll" is missing. That is stored in Windows in a cab file called Net7 or some such thing. On JustHalf's PC, the msnp32.dll file is extracted in the Windows\System folder.

I have done this, but still, no dice. The file hasn't been recognised. This is important because msnp32.dll is vital for networking and if I don't fix it, my mp3 collection is severely limited. Help me goddamn it, help me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't know if this will help, but go to start->run, type 'sfc' (system file checker), and mess around in there. Ya never know, it might work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Ok,

Go to start run and type regedit

When their, press CTRL+F and type the file msnp32.dll and every instance of that file and any other delete, restart and if you have any network cards, modems then uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and voilahh ;)

Yurma

Advertisement