Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely Sickening

Options
  • 07-11-2001 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Right, just to make ye all feel somewhat ill (I feel queezy myself). I'm now at work - its 10 to 4 in the a.m's - and found my way onto the internet (cheeky old me). Its nice to actually feel what broadband is like. Pages are loading as soon as I click on the link.. truly tear-jerking. 2mb leased line all to myself (may be faster than that, I'm just estimating).

Im left with the thought - "Why cant I work here full time, bloody contracting"

Aww well, back to my good old unreliable 56k modem at home :(

Granted this doesnt hold much relevance to Ireland Offline, but hey, its 4 am and I'm bored out of my tree!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Just about every student that posts here can relate.... downloading at 220Kb a second in the labs:) compared to 7Kb at home:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Tis depressing.... Im getting a healthy 3464 down 1501 up speed from UCC at the moment..... - 422.8k/s.

Back to old 56k at home though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Chris - reduce the size of your image sig file please. 31Kb is way over the top ... especially when you're complaining about download speeds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by LoGiE
    compared to 7Kb at home:mad:

Wow, you're the broadband of narrow band (incongruous juxtaposition, i know)

ure getting 40-133% more than me on my 56k line. All i get is a measly 3-5Kb/sec. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

after posting I conducted some tests with rather large files...

a 20mb file came down in about 2.5 secs (and it wasnt cached or on another computer in the network). So looks like my previous estimation of the line speed needs to be increased.. feel even more sick now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I Puke
    Will we ever see the likes of it at home?
    I puke and I emigrate. Eircom why dont you start herding the public like cattle for export.

Advertisement