Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL LAN (contd)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

on that note .... MAKE SURE YOU SCREW IN YOUR NIC while Phaxx is around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

I dunno phaxx..

I've a mixture of realtek and 3com NICs... I've never tried monitoring the speed of the realteks but so far they work fine, never had any problems... the realtek NIC I have is dirt cheap and simple, works great under Linux/FreeBSD and has never caused me any problems. I'm sure the 3coms probably preform better in benchmarks but if you are planning to buy a NIC just for the LAN get a cheap realtek one..
    I don't know any technical details about the differences between the two so I'm only speaking from experience

DK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ragdoll

Wow only 5 days remaining,

Who really is the best, clearly it ain't me hehe

see you all friday

bring beer, dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Zero
    Lads, it's like this.

Our gaff has only just a couch and a "poof"-type thing to sleep on.

No thanks, I'd prefer not to sleep on sonic, I'll take the floor instead.

BTW, I've a spare P2 450, 128mb if you need another server (providing I can get a lift down with my main box, never mind the 450)

I might take a look in as i have an American Football match against UL that weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

hey guys.

trying to pump up my PC for the big event so if anyone has got an
    AMD K6 550 or 500 Mhz cpu
    I'd be happy to take it off their hand at the LAN for a good price.

BTW whats the story with food? do we have to bring our own or will there be a big table full of nachos + other delicacies?
    I hope its the latter ;)

DK

there is a bar with that serves really good food ... you'd get a good meal for like 4-5 squid and there will be vending machines in the venue and a shop about 50 feet from it too... we'll have some food flying around ...but getting food for 50+ people for 3 days ... man I'm not made of gold, I'm personally financing this .. and no I don't get the door money it goes to the UL comp games Soc to buy hubs for next lan :)

yeah if anybody has a second box to spare ... bring it ... Like some good powerful machines for servers :).

going to get one box and hook it to a stereo for sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

wot time on friday are proceedings kicking off at ?

as soon as the first hub/switch is up and running :)

I'm heading into get all the gear setup early around 9-10 in the morning :) so ... any time after that ... you'd be a helper monkey until we have the lan running :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Not sure if I posted to this thread before but I'll be heading on down of Friday night with Gerry.

I'll see you all down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Yup, getting ready now, leaving in the morning.. woohoo!

I'm bound to forget something though, it always happens... hopefully it'll only be something downloadable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've to cancel, I'm not in the mood for hanging round without a PC. Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

looks like il arrive early afternoon but i then have to go and buy a network card and lotsa blank cd's ;)

see yas there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

CDs eh? I'm bringing a spare 20 gig disk. :) Currently filled with mp3s and such for others to leech from. Sharing is caring, and all that.

Advertisement