Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popstar!!!!!

Options
  • 07-11-2001 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

everyone that likes popstar, call in or text phantom and request them for the next good while!!! Rumour has it theyve almost made it to the top 10 on phantom.....! isnt that deadly??:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Jeez,

Try not to make it so obvious will you! Every week theres some other band trying the exact same trick and even some who use the same phone number to text in requests first as "John" then "Ailish" etc etc.

The trick to getting on to Phantoms top 10 is to produce a good song, send it in with some info generally to Paul Clarke and then it may make it on to the A-list.

If presenters see the amazing "coincidence" of texts/calls/emails for one song or band (particularly if its being instigated from our own web board!) then its less likely it will be played. Remember, there are generally several hundred texts and calls each day so not every request gets played.

Just be subtle, and produce good songs. Simple as that.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

My favourite part about the post above is the ...."rumour has it..." part. That tickled me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Even better... "Occupation - Music Manager " in the profile!...lol

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Hmmmmmm...Fasicinating !!!
    Nobody ever tells me these things, but if it's on Phantom...it must be true !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VampVixen

Lads, relax a little, sorry pete(are you sinister pete by the way??) no, well, id say that would be funny too for people to text in and try to use different names for the same number....

ive texted in requests sometimes and the DJs know who i am even wen i dont say my name....you must have a database of numbers and names of texters....

im sure popstar arent TRYING to get onto the phantom top 10, i just heard they were just outside of it.....so i said id give em a little push....I dont know it was a stpid idea i guess....

and about the music manager thing....im in college training to be one right now, so i dont see how that is so funny??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Are you really a Vamp Vixen?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Incidentally .... Popstar are a decent band by all accounts with some good songs, and I was mightly pissed off when the gig last Sunday (4th Nov) was cancelled .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Sorry VV :-) pushing the popstar txt's was too blatantly done to be anything else other than the work of some one with a vested interest in them (Band Management 101) -not a personal attack just amusing!

lph

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Well we don't have a manager mate and further more I don't know VampVixen at all, so I can honestly say that it is a person who would like to see us do well...just like a lot of people out there who, out of the goodness of their own hearts, without being asked, go out a do a little promo work for Popstar, wether it be just a simple recomendation to a friend or handing out flyers for gigs !!!
    Keep up the good work lads.
    RESPECT !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

P.S. Everyone ought to check out the Presence gig tonight in Club Mono !!!

Advertisement