Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The outer limits

Options
  • 07-11-2001 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I used always watch that show, new n old thought it was great and at times disturbing :eek:, what ever happened to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Great series.

The thing was that all the episodes were really low budget stuff with generally less than 5 actors throughout but always had bags of atmosphere. Lots of mystery, sub-plots & deception :)

One of my favourite episodes was the one with the Wesley Crusher guy in it, it was set in the future onboard a space ship - utter class stuff. Anyone see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...they were (possibly still are) selling off memorabilia from that series in dribs and drabs on EBay. I wonder is that a good or bad sign? :confused:

As regards the "Wesley Crusher" (his real name was Wil Wheaton, wasn't it? That's what you get for watching TNG after midnight on Sky One - fresh memories of Wesley :( ). I remember his face, but can't place the episode - is that the one where then end up launching a doomsday bomb sent from Earth onto Earth when they go a bit astray?

Gadget

"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent" -- Q

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

I knew the storyline, but I didn't want to ruin it for anyone, edit your post before people see it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
    ...they were (possibly still are) selling off memorabilia from that series in dribs and drabs on EBay. I wonder is that a good or bad sign? :confused:

As regards the "Wesley Crusher" (his real name was Wil Wheaton, wasn't it? That's what you get for watching TNG after midnight on Sky One - fresh memories of Wesley :( ). I remember his face, but can't place the episode - is that the one where then end up launching a doomsday bomb sent from Earth onto Earth when they go a bit astray?

Gadget

"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent" -- Q
    That was a great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yep, excellent episode in a great series, imagine how you'd feel if that was you on that ship, responsible for that...

I still remember one of the first episodes with the android woman ('fully functional', hur hur...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Sico
    I still remember one of the first episodes with the android woman ('fully functional', hur hur...)
    I was shocked when I first saw it, to be honest. Full frontal nudity in a US series? Unheard of!

My heart almost stopped when I saw that it was Earth, amazing writing. Haven't been amazed by something on TV like that in absolutely ages.

Corinthian, are you complaining ? :D

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Corinthian, are you complaining ? :D
    Absolutely... If I'd known beforehand, I'd have taped the episode :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I loved that Wil Wheaton episode too.

Another favorite one of mine was a war, humans against aliens, being fought on Earth. The good guys had to keep taking some form of drug to avoid dying from alien bugs ... or did they?

Here's that episode, the girl is Sofia Shinas, who was also in The Crow... http://www.theouterlimits.com/episodes/season1/117.htm (no pics, soz Gado, perhaps you can go find some :))

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ah now that episode i do remember! :) cool episode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

The Sand Kings..

:)

I like the quote in your sig... but considering the forum we're in, maybe this one from DS9's Garak is more suitable (don't know which episode it's from, sorry):

"Paranoid is what they call people who imagine they have threats against their life"

Gadget :D

lol nice one:D

Personal favourite;

"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder" - Garak

"The truth is only a lie that hasn't been discovered yet."

"Always burn your bridges after you, you never know who might be trying to follow."

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."

"I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences."

(Bashir tells the story of the boy who cried "Wolf")
    Bashir: "If you lie all the time, no one is going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth."
    Garak: "Are you sure that's the point, Doctor?"
    Bashir: "Of course. What else would it be?"
    Garak: "That you should never tell the same lie twice."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by The Corinthian

(Bashir tells the story of the boy who cried "Wolf")

Reminds me of this one:

Bashir: So of the stories you told me, which ones were true?
    Garak: My dear doctor, all of them were true.
    Bashir: What about the lies?
    Garak: Especially the lies.

Al.

...I might as well add a few more.

"'Secure' is such a relative term, isn't it?"

Another good Bashir/Garak exchange:
    Bashir: "They broke seven of your ribs and fractured your clavicle!"
    Garak: "Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos"
    -- from "The Way Of The Warrior"

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves"
    -- from "In Purgatory's Shadow"

A possible rarity, an Odo/Garak exchange:
    Odo: "You'd shoot a man in the back?"
    Garak: "It's the safest way, isn't it?"
    -- from "Call To Arms"

"I always hope for the best; unfortunately, experience has taught me to expect the worst"
    -- from "Sacrifice of Angels pt.2"

...and to nail it off (and complete the list of quotes sitting in my Palmpilot):
    "To think, after all this time, all our lunches together, you still don't trust me? There's hope for you yet, Doctor"
    -- from "Distant Voices"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anyone remember that episode with Robert "T-1000" Patrick?
    Where he was a fighter pilot, captured by the aliens.
    And there was a girl in the same cell as him that was being changed into one of the aliens.

That must have been one of my favorite episodes.

And definetly that "Sand Kings" episode. Class stuff.

Or one episode where there were these guys on a spaceship, that picked up some kind of alien spider, and the main dude kept having hallucinations from the spider's venom.

Wasn't she being changed 'back' into an alien???

Originally posted by azezil
    The one was called the Quality of Mercy - v. good episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by azezil

Well I was trying not to give away the ending... But... Ah never mind... Everyone here is as anal enough as myself to have seen every episode... Twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There's a series on Network 2 iirc, 'Night Visions' or some such, similar kind of thing (but not as good).

It's on NET2, Saturday @ 11.25pm.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Saw it last night, didn't think it was very good (a guy got his head drafted onto another mans body because he had cancer), but from what I remember it was always either great episode or crap episode with TOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Actually that was an Episode of The Outer Limits. One I haven't seen yet, however I have seen some of the episodes from this series.

http://www.theouterlimits.com/episodes/season5/52.htm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I was referring to The Outer Limits :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dtommy79

Hi,

New outer limits site.

www.outerlimits.atw.hu

It's still under construction but its forum is available.

Advertisement