Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help me

• 07-11-2001 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

i've got a Win98 IBM and here is the problem. when i boot i get tothe login screen and the cursor moves. the i login and the cursor moves still while its finishing off loading crap and doing its usual thing. however when when everthing has stop loading the the cursor will not move and then the puter goes to the scandisk screen and boots up again.

thats not all. if i wiggle the cursor around until its finish booting and loading crap its fine! the pc has no problems until you shutdown again.

ive been looking this up for a while and no luck. could somebody please help. its driving me mad.

cheers

j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Ah - well it's simple really...

... it's fo><ored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you do the above and your system does not have the prob any more but now restarts indead of shutting down then you probably have 2nd edition and so do the following.

Click on Start then run.
    Type in regedit and press on ok.
    Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Shutdown and change the Fastreboot value data from 1 to 0.

oh and also in msconfig while you are at it.. select selective startup and untick autoexec.bat and config.sys they could be causing it and if not your system will work better anyway as they slow down the boot and load drivers not needed by windows.

Advertisement