Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complete newb wants to start makin maps

• 07-11-2001 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right i wana make maps for cs and i wana know some stuff

like what mapping prg should i use where can i get it and most importantly how can i get it for free .

any hints tips to making maps ?

pls note havent made a map since doom and those were pritty crap

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The prog to use is Worldcraft 3.3. Its offical and the easyest to use. Go to www.valve-erc.com to find info and to dl the prog. Also its free.The best way to learn i think is to mess around with it. Also make sure u have the counter strike fgd.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

What Raven said, and also you'd get well underway if you checked out the mapping forum on www.counter-strike.net...

You'll learn valuable tips etc, and they have nice links to texture packs and other things for when you feel you can leap towards making you're own map...

If you encounter problems just ask away in the CS Forums, or here - We're all willing to help others out...

Good Luck!

Advertisement