Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Castle Wolfstein V medal of honour

Options
  • 08-11-2001 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

round =1= FIGHT

i think RTCW looks sihting hot. but MOH has the winning stuff to make it the best game of the year. this is going be good fight :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

well as i aint played any of them yet then I cannot make an accurate judgement at this time...

cant wait to play em both tho !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

RTCW by a mile. I'm massively disappointed with what I've played of Medal of Honour; I'd expected WW2 sneaking about, tactical, stealthy action type stuff. I got a bog-standard kill'em'all shoot 'em up. Yawn.

RTCW promised graphically beautiful carnage and bags of atmosphere. It delivers what it promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I havent played MOH so I cant give a jugement on it but i did play RTCW at the Galway lan and i have to say its pure class, one of the best games that ive played in a long time. then again having played both medal of honour games for the psx im sure theyll both give each other a good run for there money

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well i have to say ive enjoyed playing rtcw over the net immensely. endless minutes of entrtainment. i like the flamethrower, as long as you dont be stupid and set yourself on fire!
    HOWEVER......

theres no bullet time.
    i just finished max payne and i want bullet time in EVERYTHING i play now. its so cool! diving through a door with a flamethrower! YES!
    however, as im getting quiet bored with on line gaming (must be the adsl) im enjoying going back to the single player story driven game. and ID have never really made a good story driven game. so i am abit worried about that. however, i'll probably still buy it and enjoy a few hours of rediculously silly later levels and monsters and weapons and then i'll buy medal of honor and enjoy probably the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i'm more on the side of rtcw then moh because rtcw half made by id and gray matter and id never let use down before with there games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

you cant have bullet time in a multiplayer game....

you could put it in RTCW single player however.
    imo its a gimmick, not a gameplay feature that will last...

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I can see it lasting in 3rd person shooters, but it's not as much use in the first person games imo. I think it did genuinely add to Max Payne and the game wouldn't have been half as much fun without it.

FYI: id did not create RTCW, they merely licensed out the engine and the franchise and "oversaw" the development...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where can i get the demo of medal of honour? Any irish/UK hosting sites? Is it multiplayer or single?

RTCW was good, only played the Multi-test agaisnt Ronan, but I thought it was nice.
    The ladder code wasn't too hot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Of what i've seen of MoH it looks like it'll have the stuff to be number one.

But that flamethrower is mighty purdy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

RTCW owns MOH

theres no demo out for moh yet SyxPak but moives of moh are out now .well thats news to me then about id oversaw rtcw but i did heard about some of the crew at id didn't what other doom game and someone got fired? from id. /=|

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, id put the franchise in Grey Matter's hands along with the Q3 engine to develop it - with multi-player being developed by someone else if I remember...

I'm looking forward to both games, the MoH games on the PSX were quite good, and the game certainly looks promising. And of course, how can you not be looking forward to Wolfenstein? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"well thats news to me then about id oversaw rtcw but i did heard about some of the crew at id didn't what other doom game and someone got fired? from id. /=| "

Paul Steed got fired at a scapegoat in an arguement between management about whether to go ahead with a doom game or not. John Caramack came out publically saying that Paul shouldn't have been fired over this and basically tried to embarrass management over the reality of what they were doing. End results seems to have been, Paul Steed was a loud person who spoke his mind and pissed of management and as a side effect of the push to do another doom game Paul Steed got ousted. This pissed me off immensely because Paul Steed was the most usefull, influencial 3d modeller online at the time. Now what any of this has to do with RTCW I dunno, its simply an Id licenced game with the usual Raven "close association".

Heh, the "Steed fired as scapegoat" line is a good one - and its the one that John Carmack really pushed - but it's not entirely true. Let's face it, the top guys at id (Hollenshed, Cloud, Adrian Carmack et al) wanted to lose Steed for a long time; he's a loudmouth who got the company into trouble repeatedly and apparently a nightmare to work with. I'd have fired him over the .plan fiasco, but I guess he got another chance - which he then botched.

As to him being the most influential modeller, get a grip man! The guy is only considered influential because he was a loudmouth, and most game artists are shrinking violets in terms of profile. Steeds work was actually píss-poor, in my opinion; blocky, angular models that animated like spastic chickens. Good bloody riddance.

Advertisement