Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armada 2 has gone gold

Options
  • 08-11-2001 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

I know at least a few of us who will be overjoyed to hear that..:)

this quote by Doug Pearson(producer) was on the official forums today

"As of 3pm/PST today we have officially gone gold with Star Trek: Armada II. The game was developed for Activision by Mad Doc Software. It will be shipping to stores nationwide on November 13th and be in stores on the 14th. We will have a more detailed Gold announcement in the next day or so."

Over the next few weeks im gonna be broke with all these good new games comming out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I no longer want this game.... I need this game!!! :D
    Likewise Civ 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

WHOOT
    WHOOT
    WHOOT
    WHOOT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

soon it will be mine... muhahaha :D Ill be taking a few days offa work for this. Armada1 is my fav rts of all time! Cant Wait to play it !!!!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

there is a tiny chance it may be out this friday, but that is highly unlikely according to ping(Doug Pearson-producer)

Should be out in the states by wedenseday

Lousy damn Americans get it a full week before us! There gonna murder me online.. uhhh. Do you ever play online monty ?

• Advertisement

mostly play on lans when I can find some one that is willing to play it....im not the best of players :(

But with a2 I intend to change that:)

Ok the uk release date is now official...7th of decemeber. But be prepared for a huge change in gameplay(I got my hands on a us copy:))

The Feds are no longer the best race, never let a borg player build any kind of fusion cube, your dead or very close to it once they do..The battles are fast and furious(over in seconds)

I've only seen one thing that can take aout a tactical fusion cube sofar and thats another tactical fusion cube,
    I cannot express how lethal these things are....

except the first time I built one I sent it to attack a base on the far side of the map...It happened to got through 2 bases on its way there and took them both out for the most part( leaving only the odd turret and sensor array here and there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I cant wait for this one either. Ill be getting civ3 as soon as they fix their compatibility with the latest nvidia drivers :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I have it, and as RTS goes its pretty fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Can't wait to play this... Although I have to fit it in with Civ3 and Empire Earth.

Snaga I think I'm using the latest Nvinia drivers for Win2k and Civ3 works fine.

• Advertisement

EB said they'll have it this friday.

MEglome.

Ive win2k aswell, ive tried the 21.85 drivers and the new 22.50's and civ3 just runs doooog slow. Theres a mention of the problem on the civ3 site.

what version of the drivers are you using?

Oh and an on topic note - wan Armada 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

AFAIK, the nvidia issue with civ3 and the 21.85+ is only a prob on 2K/XP not on 9x.

Roll back to the 13.x or whatever they were and it works fine eric.

Aye thatd work, but then I take a 20-30% drop in overall performance.

All for civ3 :/

Mebbe for a week or so :)

cheers ciaran.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Demo's available for download :)
    OH yeah and its due out today!!!

Advertisement