Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just reading Linux.ie mailing list....

Options
  • 08-11-2001 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Very interesting thread on the ILUG mailing list about the blackout, well worth a read. I am going to f****ng vent on this message board and I dont care what anyone thinks. ;-)

I am one of the people who got kicked off Surf No Limits. I use an eircom dialup and barely use the net at home due to cost and speed. I cant download Service Packs, I cant spend long amounts of time online shopping, downloading game demos etc. (.ie the usual)

I am absolutely *amazed* people have the audacity to actually criticise IrelandOffline for their efforts (I am not going to criticise individuals here but see this board and ILUG for examples).

I have to date only been 'involved' to the extent of being a member etc. I am definitely going to get involved for with the Blackout even if it is in some small way. If people want to criticise constructively (eg why not lobby local govt etc.) then fine , get involved and stop yer bitchin! Some people have been like 'so what you were on the radio for 2 minutes'. Do not underestimate the power of pieces like this, there is one thing politicians do not like and that is negative publicity.

I am well excited about the Blackout and any reaction / coverage however small should make anyone involved with Ireland Offline proud!

Keep up the good work Ireland Offline, to all of you who criticise just keep your negativity to yourselves.

Make a difference!

Regards

Gun

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well done Gunn4r, and thank you. And yes, sometimes I find the cynicism and negativity quite frankly amazing. But then we'll always have clever people who know better like Mr. Waide to deal with, eh?

Fight The Power Gunn4r. :)

adam

Advertisement