Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Hardware

• 21-05-2000 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Lads

Has anyone out there shelled out for a DVD player (not a DVD-ROM mind, a dedicated box under yer telly)? If so how much did you pay and how would you rate yours? I'm looking at buying either a Lasonic 2000 or an Xwave professional from scan.co.uk (http://www.scan.co.uk/dvd.htm).Both are region free and suppot MP3 playback.

Any comments?

Fing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I bought the xwave last week good pic and sound only i cant figure out how to connect it to my pro logic amp ... dont fancy shelling out for a digital amp just yet...

gimme a shout if u want to have a look at it..

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

i have the Phillips 955 and it's magnificent - all i need now is a room that i can put a decent surround sound system into smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Fing

Vex, does it have a composite AC-3 output for Dolby Digital? Also, have u tried playing MP3z on it yet? I assume it'll read MP3z off a DVD-RAM. I might give you a shout re checking it out.

Cheers

Fing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You should also make sure the Digi out supports DTS streams, its gaining popularity.....

FYI
    The output's a SPDIF connector BTW, whether coax or optical. AC3 is just the Dolby Digital compression method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Anyone know where i could get\buy a chipped DVD player??

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Lost of places in the Uk, or try Richer Sounds down by the millenium bridge in dublin (RicherSounds.ie).

Advertisement