Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline on 5-7Live tonight

Options
  • 08-11-2001 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

That's what it looks like right now. They wanted someone in studio preferably, so I'm driving meself over to Donnybrook later on. Don't have the exact time yet, but when I do, I'll post it. I'm sure that Niall or 80p will be able to grab it somehow.

Adam, you kick ass as a PRO. I can't get over the amount of press interest we're getting from this. Way more than I ever got!!

E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

No luck, I'll be in a lecture.

Hope Niall reads or someone else.

If worse comes to worse please someone just tape it on a conventional casette tape and you can snail mail it to me or Niall in due course (preferably Niall):)

Well done on getting an invite to montrose BTW. Thats only usually for mega-celebs:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Good luck with this. Audio downloads should also be directly available from the RTE site here, although archives are only kept for five days and you can't download to disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

I'll be on around 6:15 tonight.

In addition...LimerickToday is going to have me on tomorrow around 10:25am. So you Limerick folks have me all to yourselves!!

I'll see if the hubby can tape tonight on regular cassette tape and send on to 80p or Niall.

E

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'll record it, mp3 it and upload it to the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Good luck with this. Audio downloads should also be directly available from the RTE site here, although archives are only kept for five days and you can't download to disk.

Actually you can download the real audio file from this page

http://www.rte.ie/radio/av_radio1.html

You just need to do it in the next 24 hours before tomorrow night's program is archived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Well done Elana. Turkmenistan here I come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

http://www.rte.ie/rams/ecs/radio_weekly/Thu/57live2.ram

fast forward to 18 min 30 sec's , goood job elana.

I just listened to the ram now.

Well done Elana. I thought Rachael English was a little sceptical. Shes normally amazed at the most trivial things but she seemed to highlight the inconveniece of it all. IMO the only inconvenience will be in the profit(ering) column of €ircoms P&L A/c when its a little less obese than it is now!

Neway, I nabbed the audio onto my HD as an mp3, so if Niall didn't manage to get it I have it for upload. Otherwise the link by Clover works fine (thx for the exact time:))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Well done Elana, just listened to the ra now. Got our message across very well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

http://www.rte.ie/rams/ecs/radio_weekly/Thu/57live2.ram

from Elana but Eircom being such a great service provider my so called High-Speed line is only going as fast as 900b/s download for some reason tonight so i just gave up after 20 mins trying :(

N E way :) Im sure you did a great job once again E. An i hope you have a great time in Limerick :)

Bard can u post where that MP3 is at here when your done please ?

Regards,

MS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ekehoe

Thanks for all the good comments folks. I thought it would be much longer (the list of questions that they were going to ask didn't even come close :-)), but I stumbled my way along. As the hubby puts it, if one person does the Blackout cause of it, it's worth it. So I'm sticking to that, even though the whole way home stuck in traffic I was cursing myself for every little thing :-).

As well as LimerickToday tomorrow morn, we're going to be on South East Radio :-). Fingers crossed now...

Oh, one little thing...when I was leaving the RTE studio, one of the engineers (or the producer, not sure which) said "Good luck. Anything to bring down those damn prices..." :-)

E

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

80p, if you could upload that file somewhere I'll pull it down to irelandoffline.org.

Cheers,
    adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well done the PR people. Very well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Good job Elana. I'm starting to get jealous. I'm thinking of keeping Radio Kerry all for myself now... :)

adam

Ah the pleasures of a broadband connection (if only).....

Courtesy of Joe Taxpayer I was able to get some nice big webspace and nice broadband connection to upload the 5-7 live audio....

here they are...
    1 is a zip of the mp3 the other is the mp3 (it was negligble uptime so I just put both up for safetys sake)

http://gsbdev.ucd.ie/projects/mis3010/g06/boards/irelandoffline-blackout-5-7live-8-11-01-elana%20speaks%20to%20rachael%20english.mp3

http://gsbdev.ucd.ie/projects/mis3010/g06/boards/irelandoffline-blackout-5-7live-8-11-01-elana%20speaks%20to%20rachael%20english.zip

Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Sorry- I wasn't able to record it, mp3 it and upload it. First of all, a fault occurred on my phone line and I couldn't reconnect to the 'net... then there was a widespread power cut in my area.

Fupping Eircom.

Fupping ESB.

Fup.

Advertisement