Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Card Cruise Part II

• 08-11-2001 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Right well everything these days has a sequel, so here goes.

From my first card cruise topic you may have noticed that I am waiting for my sky digital equipment to show up. (Probably only if ure Tony tho cos I dont think anyone else was reading).

So in the interests of highlighting a shoddy service, I'm still waiting for my minidish to be installed and its quickly approaching a month since I recieved my card. Pissed off? Yes, very. The installers are either cowboys or are deaf mutes as the staff in the shop outright refused to give me a phone number for the installer so I could ring them and ask what is keeping them.

I guess as time goes by theres even less of a chance I'll be installed by christmas, as it seems that the christmas rush is quickly beginning. I'm about three phone calls away from walking into the shop with a lit molotov cocktail and demanding 'satisfaction'.

Comments

Rymus-of course you will get it for Xmas if you hurry-reject your current Slow coach and go to a good supplier-Theres no problem in doing that,you've been let down-It the slowcoaches loss-stand up and be counted you are a consumer-with rights and don't be walked upon like this-Sky haven't got a penny from you yet so they will understand.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

good point. I was going to do that a couple of days ago but I let it go because I'm not aggressive enough :)

I shall ring them tomorrow (the 1 month anniversary) and explain to them that if they cannot have the installer to my house by that evening or monday morning I'll be requesting my 20 quid back and taking my business elsewhere, after a swift call to Sky to cancel my card mind u.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What was the £20 for??? Did they ask for it or did you offer it??

the 20 quid was because Im not getting the full load of channels, therefore installation is 80 instead of 60. (so my 20 quid went in the agents back pocket :()

However, today I rang the installer (after finally being given their number) and had a colourful conversation with them. They then decided it would be best to perform a speedy installation for me and so agreed to be at my house on Tuesday morning (long overdue I know but its progress)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by rymus
    the 20 quid was because Im not getting the full load of channels, therefore installation is 80 instead of 60. (so my 20 quid went in the agents back pocket :()

However, today I rang the installer (after finally being given their number) and had a colourful conversation with them. They then decided it would be best to perform a speedy installation for me and so agreed to be at my house on Tuesday morning (long overdue I know but its progress)

Sorry to hear about your problems. Whether you pay 80 or 60 makes no diference to the retailer as sky reduce their payment by 20, its just a way to make the customer pay more and encourage them to go for the full package. I have been contacted by an installer who claims he can cover your area so if you dont get sorted let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Right well my installation is now Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday, so heres hoping they show up.

Thanks for the help Tony. I may be in contact yet if these clowns dont show up. Either that or there will be two badly beaten gentlemen admitted to Cork University Hospital to have a minidishectomy performed.

right well im now finally installed. got a grundig box too..

and so ends the Card Cruise saga.

/me wipes a tear from his eye

Phew!
    What must it have been like reading all these threads about Sky Digital and not having it?
    mm

Pure hell

tuning all these new channels and me just looking on with a tear in my eye.. ahh well, the nightmare is over now :)

Advertisement