Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky-Fi Advert

• 09-11-2001 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the new ad on Sky1 ? It's fairly long, possible 90 seconds in lenght, and has clips from Voyager & Andromeda but inbetween the Voyager clips, it shows a very small clip of the ensign from Crusade. I can only assume that this is a mistake because they don't show it anymore and that was the only reference to Crusade throughout the ad.

Sky1 editors = pants.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Has anyone seen the new ad on Sky1 ? It's fairly long, possible 90 seconds in lenght, and has clips from Voyager & Andromeda but inbetween the Voyager clips, it shows a very small clip of the ensign from Crusade. I can only assume that this is a mistake because they don't show it anymore and that was the only reference to Crusade throughout the ad.

Sky1 editors = pants.
    They also said Janeway was the first Federation starship Captain fs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

did they not say first Female captain?

which, as far as I know, is also wrong but....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Presumeably they forgot the "in a star trek series" part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Sky1 editors = pants.

Fidelis, I'm damned if I can find it - any chance of a hint as to which scene it is? :confused: I should recognise the uniforms and all that, but (I think) I've seen a couple of different versions of this episode, but as I'll be damned if I stare at ad breaks to find one specific one, I keep missing the start of it...

Gadget
    P.S.> Can't fault their choice of an Orbital tune for the backing track...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

It's on the first third or so of the ad, the ensign guy.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by LoLth
    did they not say first Female captain?

which, as far as I know, is also wrong but....
    Yus, my mistake.

Kaids, there have been a few female starship captains in star trek, janeway is the only one there has been a whole series about, but there have been others in it.

Dr. Crusher became captain of that medical ship in the alternate future of TNG.

Kaids smells like wee.

[snip!]

Ah, yes, the Pasteur, if I remember - the one with a "golf-ball" section instead of a saucer section - maybe it should have been called the "Titleist"? :)

Gadget

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

fs, I meant the first female captain featuring in a whole series.

Kaids smells like wee.

Thats a very interesting piece of information, but the first female captain in Star Trek was the captain of the Saratoga in one of the Star Trek movies :D.

Originally posted by kaids
    fs, I meant the first female captain featuring in a whole series.

Thats a very interesting piece of information, but the first female captain in Star Trek was the captain of the Saratoga in one of the Star Trek movies :D.
    ummm saratoga
    I once had a daydream of the saratoga apce above and beyond exactly the same but 10x larger launching fleets of defiants like fighters :)
    fun

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
    Fidelis, I'm damned if I can find it - any chance of a hint as to which scene it is? :confused: I should recognise the uniforms and all that, but (I think) I've seen a couple of different versions of this episode, but as I'll be damned if I stare at ad breaks to find one specific one, I keep missing the start of it...

Gadget
    Fidelis, have finally spotted the offending (sic) material - the oriental guy in the (now that I see it) obviously B5-ish grey and red uniform.

Took me long enough, eh :rolleyes:
    Gadget

I won't hold it against you ;)

That ensign guy appeared in an episode of Angel last night, not that I was watching it. My sister was... yes. That's the one.

That ensign guy appeared in an episode of Angel last night, not that I was watching it. My sister was... yes. That's the one.

Erm, yeah. She walked in to you and said: "Remember that ensign from Crusade you spotted in the Sky-Fi Star Trek advert on Sky One? Guess what - I've just spotted him in an episode of that program you hate - 'Angel'". Hmm... :rolleyes:

Gadget

Aha! I was watching an episode of Voyager (which I had strangely never seen before) and saw that Ensign guy from Crusade in it. It was the one with the planet that is in a different time-frame to the rest of the universe. Basically it experiences 3 days to every second in the rest of the universe. Very interesting episode.

Still though, in the advert on Sky One, the guy is wearing the uniform from Crusade so I can't let it slide :)

Solves the mystery though... I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Crusade is on, well it was a week or two ago, Its not on until fairly late, 1:30 ish i think, but i definately saw it at some stage in the digital listings for sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

am no! Crusade is takeing mutant x's slot from next week. Wednesday 8pm skyone

Advertisement