Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Blackout media mentions

Options
  • 09-11-2001 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

A quick request to y'all...

Can anyone who has a copy of the recent editions of The Star or The Irish Independent which feature articles on the IrelandOFFLine Blackout, please scan in the article and stick it up on the web somewhere or email it to me.

If possible, make sure that it's as small as possible, file-size wise, while still looking well.

Appreciated,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I have the indo Niall.

What I'll do is...(bcos the its only a tidbit)
    is do a large scan w/ a higlighted hotspot and then a zoom of the actual text. How does that sound?

I'll try and get it uploaded by 2moro sometime:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think there's any need for the flashy zoom stuff 80p, the public will just have to take us at our word that they appeared where they did. :)

Thanks for the MP3's by the way, I've pulled 'em down to spodocomodo now, so if you want to edit your post and delete them you can. Did anyone get a recording of the Live95FM interview do you know? That was this morning, wasn't it?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

sounds fine, 80p

ta,

I don't think there's any need for the flashy zoom stuff 80p,

No I really just meant 2 images- I wasn't goin to do a page

Like this one I did on the nets/comms bd re: xp

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34323

Got bored so....

Heres the scan. Its a bit of a monster (compressed although) so it gets in as much of the page as possible. To include the date and dear charlie:p

http://gsbdev.ucd.ie/projects/mis3010/g06/irelandoffline/01-08-11-indoarticle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

For those of us that speak dutch !
    I got this link about the blackout from a dutch friend just now

The blackout is publicised in a leading dutch comp/tech news site
    at
    here

Click on 'internet' in left column under heading Rubrieken
    then click on 6th story down that page with blue heading:

Ierse internetstaking moet adsl afdwingen

Rough translation :
    Irish people try to force adsl from phonecompany with a 'boycott'
    correct me if i'm wrong, couldn't find a translator on web :)

AFAIK....it tells how slow ireland is with internet and what a certain telco promised us (adsl this september) even though campaign is not soley based on getting adsl.
    It mentions the keywords IrelandOffline, Blackout, nov 16th and bah Eircon !

A new link to add for the media news & info part at irelandoffline website perhaps ?

Thanks 80p... I've done some cropping, editing, sharpening, etc. and put that article up in the Media section of our News pages...

Loooooksss Goooood:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bard, 80p, noice wan.

Gurramok, I think I know a guy. I'll post the translation if he's really Dutch and I'm not stupid.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Hey Bard, I'll have a look and find yesterday's Star for you and scan the blackout article for you. I'll mail it to you later.

• Advertisement

Cheers Aidan - appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I've got the article scanned now, Bard, but I.... ummm..... don't know your e-mail address! lol. Could you give me your address or PM it to me and I'll mail it to you then. Thanks.

Advertisement