Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targetting Service (not ISPs) Providers

Options
  • 10-11-2001 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know if this has been brought up before but a good way to ensure alot of success for blackout would be to get services shut down. (e.g. Quake/CS servers, irc servers, netsocs etc... ) that mainly irish people use.

Since alot of people simply won't be that bothered and/or aware of the blackout then this wil be a way of removing the thing that has them on the net in the first place.

It could significantly increase the numbers taking part.

Is there any posters designed/done up. I'd pop some up around campus (DCU) if there were.

Also, you're website doens't have many details on when it is or what to do, i mean how do you expect people do something when they don't know when it's on:
    http://blackout.irelandoffline.org

Hope you can fix that and good luck with it.

- Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

is boards.ie going to have the blackout webpage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't know if this has been brought up before but a good way to ensure alot of success for blackout would be to get services shut down. (e.g. Quake/CS servers, irc servers, netsocs etc... ) that mainly irish people use.

Well, as far as I know, the boards.ie head honchos have a say here, what about it DeVore? (I'll mention it to him in a PM!)

Is there any posters designed/done up. I'd pop some up around campus (DCU) if there were.

They're on the way p, RSN.

Also, you're website doens't have many details on when it is or what to do, i mean how do you expect people do something when they don't know when it's on:

There's plenty of info on there p? I made some changes there in the last few days though, and you're right, the front page needs to be updated, as does the splash screen. I'll have that done by Monday.

Thanks p.

Phreak, as far as I can remember boards.ie has committed to having the Blackout page on their home page, although I think they may be leaving the rest of the site up. I'll be taking all of my own companies sites down completely, including our Foot.ie Irish soccer portal. Many others have committed to joining in, and we'll be releasing a list of these on Monday morning.

On that note, I would appreciate it everyone would post the URL's of the sites they're taking down in this thread, for addition to that page. Also, if your company is going all out to support the Blackout by "switching off" for the day, we would love to hear about it.

adam

Advertisement